Not open for further replies.
Tuesday, November 10
proxy.php

Barrister and Mann~~Rubberset~~RazoRock Game Changer/Wilkinson~~C.O. Bigelow

Have a great day!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Tue, Nov 10 2020

Razor: Gem Micromatic clog Pruf(Peerless model)- Mfg 1945, excellent mid range, one of my favorite Gem razors of many.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) excellent blade, very sharp, excellent longevity, predictable and smooths out nicely IMO.
Soap; Razorock Lavender- nice masculine scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers 24 mm- excellent brush, good back bone with cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my MMCP with a Gem coated blade.

SE SOTD, Tue, Nov19 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Tuesday, 11/10:

20201110_100342.jpg

Razor - Razorock Old Type
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - Black Anvil Shaving 26mm Declaration B8
Soap - Zingari Man The Soloist
A/S - Zingari Man The Soloist

The RR Old Type continues to deliver a great shave. Zingari generated a phenomenal lather today, and this scent is probably my favorite tobacco-forward scent and one of my favorite scents overall. The GSB was pretty good in the razor, allowing for good glide, and the efficiency was surprisingly good after one pass. My face was conditioned really nicely by the soap & balm, and it's soft and smooth for the day.

Hi! Shave #64:
IMG-20201109-WA0038.jpg

Pre: hot water, homemade olive oil soap.
Lather: Joserra Black Rose Note.
Brush: The Duke 3 SE black.
Razor: PAA Bakelite Open Comb Slant.
Blade: Shark (#4).
Take care and have a nice day!

cartoon1604952766397.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: Frank Shaving G4 Synthetic striped handle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Brown Bess
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

SOTD Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Prep: Hot Shower
Preshave: none
Shave Bowl: Savanah Shave Scuttle
Shave Brush: Edwin Jagger Super Badger
Shave Soap: The Fat
Razor: Rockwell 6S #4 plate
Blade: Feather shave 4
Aftershave: cool damp face, alum block, cold water rinse, hyaluronic acid, First Aid moisturizer
Results: BBS shave everywhere except under the right jaw line and the mustache area which I’m growing for Movember. The Feather blade is smoothing out and while not as sharp as shave 1, it’s still plenty sharp enough to get the job done.

Tuesday 10 November

Today’s shave was made possible by the generosity of @Captain Pre-Capsize. I was lucky enough to win a timeless razor in the Sue Moore Auction this year. Scott added a ton of goodies to my winning lot. A sample of shaving cream, a sample of shave balm, a sample of aftershave, and kindest of all, a prototype for a new lather bowl! Talk about over the top generosity. Had a very pleasant shave with all this great gear. Really like the lather bowl. If this prototype is any indication, you should serious consider getting one of the new Captain Choice bowls.

Razor: Timeless SS 95
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 Super
Bowl: Captain Choice
Lather: Captain Choice Bay Rum
Aftershave: Captain Choice Land Ho!
A842121B-59A3-4BF0-A468-D98057D2E10C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom