IMG_3650.JPG

Tuesday 10th Nov

Gillette New Improved (Made in England)
Vintage Wilkinson Super Sword-Edge (Made in England) - Shave #6
Simpsons Emperor 1 Super
Simpsons Shaving Cream
Thayers WH
TOBS Sandalwood Cologne

Excellent shave. The Wilkie blade is still sharp and very smooth, defying what I previously understood about blade longevity, sharpness and comfort from using modern blades.

SOD 10-Nov.jpg

Monday shave

FDBB9C3C-E1B6-4CC4-BAD0-20179F3087C5.jpeg

Prep: Noxzema face wash
Soap: D.R. Harris Windsor stick
Brush: Stirling Kong synthetic
Razor: Yaqi Beast on RazoRock radio knob handle, shave #13
Blade: Astra SP (#1)
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid -> Christian Dior Dune aftershave

No shim, steep angle, a bit more feedback from the alum, but DFS again tonight on two passes. Back to shimmed for tomorrow night.

First use of a DRH soap and I thought it was very good. Lathered easily, smelled nice (on the light side, though), and plenty of slickness and cushion. The Dune was a good match for it.

View attachment 1180113
My last 3 Shave of the Day pictures have shown shaving cream cans. I am a badger brush user all the way, but the Mrs and I recently moved to a new house and most of my shaving supplies are packed away during this transition phase. I have enjoyed mixing things up a bit with using vintage Colgate shaving cream cans such as Lanolin, Irish Spring, Aloe, and Regular. This is my first experience with Nozema shaving cream from a can. I also would like to try Santa Maria Novella’s shaving cream in a can. The lather quality of the cans is definitely not on the same level as lathers that can be achieved via badger brush and quality cream or soap. However, I am enjoying trying some of the can varieties during our house moving phase. This is only temporary and I look forward to using a badger brush to mix up some wonderful lather soon.

All the Best,

Mullard

Hopefully you get to try the SMN canned product and let us know how it is. The traditional cream is maybe the best I've ever used, so I'd be interested to hear what the canned stuff is like.

Tuesday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Razor Emporium Rex Ambassador
Blade: Gillette Platinum (D2)
Brush: Black Eagle Rhino Black Feather 25mm
Bowl: Corbell Pedestal Bowl 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Ariana & Evans Which One's Pink
Balm: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Which One's Pink

Thuesday, November 10, 2020.
Full Cella: Gel pre barba; Crema da barba all'olio di mandorla; Locione dopobarba e Balsamo dopobarba. Edwin Jagger, silvertip badger. Anton Wingen Jr. Solingen - Germany , Real Red Point, 917, carbon steel, +5/8. Zara, Night III, pour home, EdT
proxy.php

SOTD : 10th November 2020.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower /Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush : Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.

Face Lather.

Soap : Hampshire Wool Fat Lanolin Shaving Soap.

Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel. (1)

Razor: Kanzy K100.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, +eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Benjamin's ~ Mentholated Bay Rum./L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning cold water shave,

The kanzy k100 has a nice weight to it, with a closed 'tech type head' it holds the blade rigidly with no blade over-hang which is very comfortable to shave with having no issues of catching my ear lobes or under my nose when shaving.

I Personally find 3 piece razors more assertive than TTO models, maybe it's just my imagination that said, it also depends on the blade choice and my shaving technique.

The Hampshire wool fat lanolin soap provided a excellent lather leaving a wonderful post shave feel.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Another great example to myself that a simple inexpensive shave set up can provide a pleasurable error free shave. :)

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.😎

Last edited:

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Tuesday‌ ‌11.10.20 ‌SOTD‌
proxy.php

Tcheon‌ ‌Fung‌ ‌Sing‌ ‌DiVino‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌&‌ ‌Post‌ ‌Shave‌ ‌Oil‌
RazoRock Wunderbar / Feather
Shave Forge 24mm Silvertip Badger
Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Soap in Red Tub
Ogallala‌ ‌Bay‌ ‌Rum‌ ‌Aftershave‌

Last edited:
Tue 10th SOTD Testing New Blade!
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Pro 500 Platinum - Good 1st impression!
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish Splash
Excellent soap with awesome scent, creamily thick and slick lather. My no 1!
Shave with razor paired with this new blade was suprisingly good. Sharpish, smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes with a very close most bbs result. The post & especially aftershave was awesome as well. Long lasting sweet pipe scent. Would have been perfect shave except noticed some creepers later. Rating 9.8/10
20201109_205733.jpg

20201110_082227.jpg

SOTD, November 10, 2020

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur 33C
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Starcraft 24mm Roswell Hybrid Brush
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Belle's Place Green Irish Tweed
Aftershave: Speick After Shave Lotion
Additional Care:
Alum Block