What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 9th - November 15th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD : 14th November 2020.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush: Vie-Long Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap : Vie-Long Shave Stick.

Blade: Trig ~ Silver Edge. (1) (Green cover)

Razor: Parker Variant. (Settings) wtg 2.5,xtg 2.5,wtg + Pick Ups 3.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Floid ~ Mentolado Vigoroso ASL./ Aloe Vera Gel.

(adjustable razor & shave stick Week.)

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

The subcontinent razor and blade duo was a wonderful smooth efficient match mowing through my stubble with effortless ease.

The Trig stainless blade are made by the Treet co in Pakistan i have used these blades a few times in the past and have always had good shaving results with them today was no exception. They come in two different covers blue & green both of the blades have impressed me with their sharp longevity and smoothness. As to say which is the better blade between them, they are the same blade just in different packaging for selling purposes.

The Vie-Long horsehair brush & shave stick duo performed with brilliance building up a slick protective lather on my face in a short space of time creating enough lather for the full shave without having to re-apply to my face to create more lather.

Once in a while i get what i consider a 'BBS' shave, today is one of those days.. A very enjoyable flawless 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.😎

An Easy Saturday shave with a PAA ESP Sample and my Rockwell 6S Matte Black.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: PAA ESP
Razor: Rockwell Razors 6S Matte Black(R5, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: VdH Badger
AS/EdC: Clubman Special Reserve

Just an easy shave with a great fragrance and soothing feel. I now smell exactly who I am, a grizzled Veteran.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sat 14th SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Gillette London Bridge 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Excellent soap! Super nice scent suitable for a lazy weekend. Creamy and slick too...
Shave with an excellent razor paired with excellent blade was very nice! Settings at 9-wtg, 7-xtg, 7-atg & 5-some buffing. Smooth and comfortable for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Excellent post & aftershave especially with Whisky Wood for a looong lasting scent. Unexpected creeper so rating 9.5/10 otherwise would have been perfect.....
20201114_134448.jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Saturday‌ ‌11.14.20 ‌SOTD‌
proxy.php

RazoRock‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Barba‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Shave‌ ‌Gel‌
Gillette ‘53 British #58 Set Aluminum made
NOS Wlkinson Sword made in England
Yaqi R1605-S Resin Tuxedo Synthetic
RazoRock‌ ‌XXX‌ ‌Italian‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌
RazoRock‌ ‌XXX‌ ‌After‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Splash‌

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, Nov 14th 2020

Razor: Gillette Fatboy E4- mfg 1959,4th qtr, Excellent razor and always a joy to use . Settings 5>7, 2 pass + pickups.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP (4) Sharp & smooth, top tier blade for myself.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandal wood, very nice sandal wood scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm- old faithful brush for the last 3 1/2 yrs, excellent lather creator with soft tips for painting lather.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Gillette Fatboy + Gillette 7oClock Sp.
DE SOTD, Nov 14, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom