Brush: Shavemac / SynBad
Razor: Charcoal Goods Lvl 2
Blade: Perma-Sharp
AS: Marting Soaps Legend
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented

IMG_3619edit.jpeg

CCC424AF-6BFB-42E1-AC73-C02328ECD4C7.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY AFTERNOON, NOVEMBER 14, 2020

The hot button item on the honey-do list SWMBO provided yesterday kept me busy for most of the morning. For some reason she decided the combination glass shelf and hand towel rack in our guest lavatory suddenly became “ugly” after 5 years. The request to install the new one required removing the old which, of course, mounted completely differently from the new one. So spackling, paint matching and painting took most of the early morning. Then discovering that the cheap wall anchors that came with the new shelf were insufficient and required replacement with heavier duty third party anchors delayed things until almost noon. Anyway, thank goodness a great shave preceding all this nonsense and kept me in good spirits.

I'm rapidly becoming a confirmed vintage cast steel Sheffield fan. Yesterday’s shave with my favorite razor, the Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 French Point was outstanding. One of those shaves where onerecognizes what incredibly comfortable and close velveteen bliss is. Today’s modern Artisan Riga Razor 7/8 shaves acceptably, but just doesn’t feel as good in hand as yesterday’s 180 year old vintage masterpiece. The heft and balance just seem off. The shave was fine, but that special effortlessness of yesterday’s shave was missing. In any case the outcome wasacceptable, and the dome shave with my favoriteShake Sharp Model 1.5 was excellent. I felt refreshed, clean, cool and velveteen when finished! That feeling thankfully persisted throughout a less than pleasant morning!

RAZOR: Riga Razor 7/8 (Mug), Shake Sharp Model 1.5 (Dome)
BLADE: Two stacked Polsilver DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub withArgan Oil.
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger Fan Knot
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Osage Rub.

Saturday, 11/14:

20201114_134923.jpg

Razor - Executive Shaving Outlaw
Blade - Feather
Brush - WCS Infinity "Cosmic Patina" 26mm 3-band finest
Soap - WSP Ol' Kentucky
A/S - Proraso Blue

That was great! The brush and soap created some WSP lather goodness, and so away I went for the first time with the Outlaw. I was struck immediately by how smooth it was. It reminded me a lot of the Timeless. The razor glided effortlessly and after the first pass displayed good efficiency. Great audible feedback too. Second pass gave me a nice clean and close shave. Tiny bit of irritation afterwards, but it might have to do with blade/razor combo. Overall the razor was very smooth with a little blade feel but really not a lot. I enjoyed the heck out of it, and am looking forward to spending the week using some different blades to test it out.

Saturday, 11/14:

View attachment 1182229

Razor - Executive Shaving Outlaw
Blade - Feather
Brush - WCS Infinity "Cosmic Patina" 26mm 3-band finest
Soap - WSP Ol' Kentucky
A/S - Proraso Blue

That was great! The brush and soap created some WSP lather goodness, and so away I went for the first time with the Outlaw. I was struck immediately by how smooth it was. It reminded me a lot of the Timeless. The razor glided effortlessly and after the first pass displayed good efficiency. Great audible feedback too. Second pass gave me a nice clean and close shave. Tiny bit of irritation afterwards, but it might have to do with blade/razor combo. Overall the razor was very smooth with a little blade feel but really not a lot. I enjoyed the heck out of it, and am looking forward to spending the week using some different blades to test it out.
Hi Benos, have you had the chance to try the Breaveheart? I personally love the razor. Very efficient. Two pass and you are done. But not really to aggressive.

SOTD-WFSR-G_2020-11-14.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 18/43 Pure
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Feather (3)
ASL: Iced Orange

WFSR Shave 13:
A very fine shave. :biggrin:

The brush is fine, great scrub and accuracy.
The soap is fine, great performance and scent (yep, I've fallen in love with it).
The razor is Fine, without a doubt. :wink2:
The blade is fine, I only wish they'd provide waxing strips with them (to remove the damned wax :001_rolle).
The ASL is fine, great :bayrum2: and :osage:.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
SOTD-WFSR-G_2020-11-14.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 18/43 Pure
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Feather (3)
ASL: Iced Orange

WFSR Shave 13:
A very fine shave. :biggrin:

The brush is fine, great scrub and accuracy.
The soap is fine, great performance and scent (yep, I've fallen in love with it).
The razor is Fine, without a doubt. :wink2:
The blade is fine, I only wish they'd provide waxing strips with them (to remove the damned wax :001_rolle).
The ASL is fine, great :bayrum2: and :osage:.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
I love that brush, reminds me of psychedelic art from the 1960's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom