Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Chamomile & Lemon
Shave Soap: Jabonman Mountain
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Extro Rasoio E Pennello Summer 2015

SOTD : 16th May 2020.

13.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush: Semogue 1438.

Face Lather.

Soap : Haslinger ~ Schafmilch Sheep Milk Soap.

Blade: Gillette 7'O Clock SharpEdge. (1)

Razor: Fatip Grande.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~Attraction Totale ASL.

L'0REAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend... The Haslinger soap is another soap i shamefully haven't added to my soap rotation for a while.

The soap is a magnificent performer with only a slight clean pleasant fragrance 'to my nose' the vast majority of shaving soap scents disappeared once i rinsed my face with cold water..The schafmilch sheep milk soap reminds me of MWF, Kent, + which all contain lanolin what i instantly liked about it was, it lathered up in no time without the addition of blooming creating a wonderful luxurious slick protective lather leaving a superb post shave feeling to my face.I have a new shaving soap that ive yet to try out Lanolin Wool Fat, with cedarwood and patchouli essential oils shaving Soap from Natural skincare products Hampshire UK, that i bought from Ebay as a pre-birthday gift to myself ,the ingredients & texture are very similar to MWF/Kent. I'll add it in next weeks SOTD set ups and do a maiden shave with it.

Everything in the shave set worked together superbly.

A comfortably smooth 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of L'0REAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Stay safe,and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.😎

Date:- 16 May 2020 ... World Whisky Day

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Trismegistus
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech (0.56mm) 1946-50 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #13
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- Ardbeg 10yrs old

proxy.php

Today's Proraso Green Shave;
  • Rockwell Model T
  • Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2)
  • Proraso Green Tub
  • Captain's Choice Heavy Copper Lather Bowl
  • Zenith S6
  • Proraso Green AS
  • Proraso Green Pre/Post Cream used as ASB
  • Million Dollar Hair Tonic
  • Dax Short and Neat Pomade
  • Urban Lumber Jack Deodorant
  • Gold Bond Body Powder
proxy.php

proxy.php

Testing new soaps (8/8) — last day of new soaps

Prep: Shower (Sabon - Gentlemen)
Soap: RazoRock - Emperor
Blade: Astra SP (6th shave)
Razor: Mühle R89
Brush: RazoRock 400 Plissoft
After shave: Nivea Men - Protect & Care
Fragrance: Creed - Aventus
Post-shave: last shave of the week, blade change, razor cleaning with clear water & toothbrush

Soap verdict:
Lather: back to the shiny thick lather like I love, and easy to obtain on top of that.
Scent: RazoRock's take on my favorite perfume: Creed Aventus. It's a scent battle between this and Stirling's Executive Man. You can definitively say that both were inspired by Creed's perfum, but they took two different path to recreate the smell. It's hard to explain, but while you can say ok this soap's scent matches well with the perfume, they do not smell the same way, so it's definitively a good idea to buy both! (more soaps!)

Sat 16th SOTD
Remainder of yesterday's PAA Solstice lather in the Turkish Copper bowl
Razor 1
- JA Henckels Solingen Friodur 472
Razor 2- New RazoRock SLOC 1st use
Blade Euromax Super Stainless 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid
Clubman Whisky Woods
Amazing! Yesterday's leftover lather in the bowl...looks dried-up but upon adding some water and working it against the bowl...a healthy resulting lather which is slick enough too. Mild scent still present. Tried shaving with the SR (just completed so called self-honing on film) 2 pass wtg & xtg but not very good. Not really shave ready. Guess my honing skills is still way off.
Complete the shave with New RR SLOC 1st use. Really nice the RR SLOC with BarberPole handle...feels great in hand and on face. Paired with the blade it was OK smoothness and sharpness. Did a 2 pass xtg & atg and no issues with weepers and irritation. BBS and DFS result with the score today at 9/10
20200516_113111.jpg

20200516_113159.jpg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Date:- 16 May 2020 ... World Whisky Day

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Trismegistus
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech (0.56mm) 1946-50 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #13
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- Ardbeg 10yrs old

proxy.php
The contentment of fine whisky. Spader has the look of a man who has just finished another Patrick O'Brian novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom