Bolzano blade (3)
PAA Scentsless pre-shave
Shavemac Jade 26mm synthetic fan brush
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica soap
Doug Smith Pottery shave mug
Osma alum block
Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm
Stirling Varen aftershave

Another excellent shave, and it seemed like a good day for a fougere.
IMG_20200515_065238161.jpg

View attachment 1100069
First shave w fatip picolo. Close shave but felt kind of rough. I probably won't shave with it again. If a razor doesn't give me as good a shave as good as my top 3-5 razors, I will just move on, maybe give two tries. Some of my razors feel like gliding through the hair. This one felt tuggy. Handle a little too small for me.
I had my first shave a few days ago with the Fatip but handle is grande. While not rough but not as smooth too. I will try it again with another blade and see how in a few days.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Friday, May 15th 2020- Took out my Stick Schick injector with the marathon Twin ll blade and had another shave.
The blade is getting a little more tuggy on shave #31 but still another shave or 2 in it.

Razor : Stick Schick injector L theme series - Mfg 1973- works well with a Twin ll blade.
Blade : Schick twin ll (31) interesting testing this blade- I try to use it once a month, impressed for a blade that has been out but not used consecutively for over a year. Rinse and blow until next session!
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore "Firenze"- great scent and excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm "Sagrada Familia" named after a great cathedral in Barcelona Spain.
Pre shave: Shower, brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3+ clean up. - good way to wake a person up in the morning.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch Hazel + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: good shave with my Stick Schick injector!

SOTD,Fri May 15th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Friday, 5/15:

20200515_095904.jpg

Razor - Timeless SS 0.95 open comb
Blade - Gillette Platinum
Brush - Grizzly Bay "Heavy Metals" 26mm tuxedo
Soap - Mike's Natural Coconut
A/S - Brickell unscented balm

It just doesn't get better than a good shave. I've grown to love this brush. The knot is this little ball of firm badger, but the tips are super soft, perfect scrub, splays when you need it, paints wonderfully, and the handle is ergonomic and really sure in hand. It whipped up a lovely shiny creamy lather from the soap, like applying a thick coconut cream on your face, just irresistible. The razor cruised along, and I'm so enjoying focusing on technique and letting this razor do the work. It's such a pleasurable tool. The shave was again very close, and my complexion has no redness. My face hasn't looked this good in weeks, it's like the razor cures you of inflammation. So good.

Beautiful shaves over the last two weeks, i used exactly the same setup over and over again, so that's why i haven't posted recently. Fantastic winter set-up, the prep is my standard go to winter balm, i cant use my normal aftershaves in winter because it dries out my skin too much.

Finally binned the derby extra after its 15th shave, ive now switched out the Jagen david for my first razor, the lion DE.

Razor: Jagen David E01
Blade: derby extra (10,11,12,13,14,15)
Brush: omega 49
Soap: arko shave stick
Aftershave balm: prep
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom