What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 11th - May 17th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now welcome to the Saturday of a long weekend here in Canada...The Victoria Day long weekend! Or May 24 as we like to call it....yes it isn’t the 24th but there IS 24 beers in a case! However, this “May 24” is a little different now isn’t it. There will be BBQ but we’ll be waiving at the neighbours and maybe spiralling a few hot dogs over the fence! Stay safe!

Loved the back to back “Aristocrat” shaves and so why not continue in that vein. Today’s razor of choice the 1966 Gillette Aristocrat Adjustable. A Gold Slim by any other name but an A’crat in my books. Loaded up with a Personna lab blue.

Soap of the day is TFS Corte Sabauda one of their 70th anniversary soaps. I have the matching AS and I have waxed poetic enough about how good it is. If you have not tried their soaps, I have several and there is not a bad scent amongst them. They are all 8/9 out 10 on scent strength and I am being conservative. Excellent performers.

Lovely three pass BBS shave. Topped it off with this combo’s match made in heaven scent...Guerlain Habit Rouge. I smell ungodly good! Enjoy the weekend Brothers and Sisters of the Blade and stay safe!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat 1966
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L
Lather: Tcheon Fung Sing Corte Sabauda
Aftershave: Tcheon Fung Sing - Corte Sabauda
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Guerlain Habit Rouge
View attachment 1100910

Good God, what a shot!

Bruce Gregory 6/8" Kamisori

20200516_102952.jpg

Saturday, 5/16:

20200516_194246.jpg

Razor - Gillette '57 Tech
Blade - Gillette Platinum
Brush - Mozingo Brushworks "Echoes of Rain" w/ 28mm Declaration B8
Soap - WCS Pear-Brrr Shoppe
A/S - Brickell unscented balm

Today's shave was pure bliss. A walk with the wife and kids in the morning, sun was shining, beautiful day; it all put me in a great frame of mind.

I have to admit, these Declaration knots are damn nice. I don't know if I can say this is better than a Fanchurian, but they're both just very, very good. Feels great on the face, good backbone and painting, good splay, denser than the Fan, generated lather very quickly. This is the best lather I've gotten from Pear-Brrr Shoppe. Wonderfully shiny and hydrated, super creamy, excellent glide and post-shave. Scent was spot-on for today, and the cooling effect was perfect, not too much but definitely enough.

The Tech is awesome. Mild, yes, but an unsung efficiency to be found. I get a sweet spot a little towards the cap, but then it becomes both smooth and a really close shaver. Today's shave was as close as the last two with my Timeless. Just an excellent razor. I finished up this shave totally pleased. A+

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
DBAA816F-E3DF-4621-B919-2877520D469F.jpeg
1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Switzerland: Shaving Cream D’AMARIS Hypoallergenic.
3) Greece: Razor BIC Flex 4.
4) Switzerland: Aftershave Balm D’AMARIS Hypoallergenic Aftershave Balm.
5) Switzerland: Aftershave Lotion D’AMARIS The Original Aftershave Lotion.
6) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Sunday SOTD

Razor: 1941 Gillette Ranger Tech
Blade: Blade: Gillette Platinum (21)
Brush: Crown King Switchback 400 w 25mm HMB
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre Shave Balm: TSD Oakmoss Sandalwood
Shave Soap: Tiki Bar Soap LE Fougère
Balm: Tiki Bar Soap Patchouli
Aftershave: Alpa Fougère EdC

Date:- 17 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Trismegistus
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

SOTD : 17th May 2020.

14.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower /Original Source Cherry & Almond Shower Milk.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush: Omega S10018.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Uber/Superlather : Arko Sensitive Shaving Cream / Williams Mug Shaving Soap.

Blade: Gillette 7'O Clock SharpEdge. (2)

Frankenrazor: Baili BD 191 Handle / Yaqi DOC Head.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./Old Spice ~ Classic ASL .

Nivea Men Creme.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave.

The frankenrazor paired up excellently with the gillette Sharpedge blade making a smooth non-aggressive yet efficient duo mowing through my stubble with ease making the shave a pleasurable experience.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men Creme.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Pre: Hot Towel, Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol Pre & After shave cream
Razor: Rockwell 6C (R4)
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG_6874.jpg

Sun 17th SOTD
Cream Suezbana Lemon Tea Tree
Bowl Ceramic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor RazoRock SLOC BarberPole Handle
Blade SuperMax Super Stainless 2nd
Post and Aftershave
Ice Water
Special Thayers Lemon Mix
Hyaluronic Acid
Clubman GentsGin
Great lather from cream/croap. Thick creamy and slick enough. Nice lemongrass scent. Shave with razor paired with blade was ok...razor & handle feels great but perhaps will try with a different blade. 3 multiple passes with acceptable DFS+ overall results. No weepers nor irritation and that's the ultimate goal. Not gonna chase after full BBS anymore. If it happens good but otherwise not gonna chase. Good post and aftershave. Ice water feels good..Thayers even better, Hyaluronic makes it great and top off with GentsGin..wow! Rating today 9/10
20200517_104656.jpg

20200517_112044.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom