What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 20th - January 26th, 2020

1950's Rhodium Rocket (from Traveler's Set) w/Spoiler and Stirling Barbershop soap and AS
IMG_3249-COLLAGE.jpg

All this week I have been using my LASSC BBS-1 (#100) and today I wrap it up with shave #5. I cannot recall the last time I shaved with the same razor for five straight days, but I could easily use the BBS-1 another five straight days. It is that good. But no, tomorrow starts King Gillette Weekend. Have a great weekend everyone.

The Los Angeles Shaving Soap Company BBS-1 Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium Razor Blade (2)
Ariana & Evans Asian Plum Shaving Soap
Rudy Vey Dark Amber Butterscotch "Keyhole" with Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip
Stirling Deep Blue Sea Aftershave

IMG_4485.jpeg

Last edited:
Friday, 1/24:

20200124_092434.jpg

Razor - Asylum Evolution
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Omega EVO 28mm Silversynth
Soap - Barrister & Mann Lavanille
A/S - OneBlade aftershave balm

What a fantastic shave. The Asylum is a *really* nice razor. Very smooth and shaves very close; this was an excellent experience. I did have to fiddle with the blade alignment when I first loaded it, as I had read about, but it was easier to align than I often find with my Merkur 34C. The angle was very intuitive, and the Art Deco-style Darwin handle is uber comfortable and feels absolutely great in the hand. The razor just swiped right through a fantastic B&M lather.

The Omega EVO is a *very* nice synth: great backbone, but it splays decently too. Definitely not a floppy brush, so the diameter of the knot is not overwhelming. The handle material is nice, grippy, good weight, and lathers terrifically. I have the bracing lavender softened by a touch of vanilla constantly wafting into my nose this morning, and it's just the best. Great way to approach the weekend.

Happy Friday all! Just a simply good shave on tap for today with the inclusion of Musgo Real Lavender SC, Dr Jon’s Flowers in the Dark and the iKon Standard (Tech).

Lovely two pass shave and smooth as can be. The iKon Standard or Tech really only has one purpose...to annihilate three or four days growth. It melts away stubble better than my Muhle R41 and that is saying a lot.

Happy Friday all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: iKon Standard / Tech
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L
Lather: Musgo Real Lavender
Aftershave: Dr Jon’s Flowers in the Dark
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Issey Miyake - L’Eau D’Issey Pour Homme
691ACE85-0DCB-4B27-A5E8-3BE37A4748AA.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD Fri Jan 24 2020

Razor : Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf -Peerless 17 tooth variant-MFG 1945
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (10)
Soap: Razorock Lavender -excellent post shave feel!
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm+
Pre-shave: showered + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:

SOTD Fri Jan 24 -2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
proxy.php

SOTD 01/24/2020

Sorprendido por la buena espuma y cremosidad de éstos jabones De Vergulde Hand de los 50,a pesar de no tener aroma,funcionan realmente como cualquier jabón actual.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor:
TATARA Masamune peine cerrado

Blade: FEATHER FHS-5

Brush:
VIE LONG mango Vintage Tulip marfil 16454 Tejón negro 24x56mm

Pre-Shave: FLOID Pre aceite

Lather: VAN DE VERGULDE HAND Jabonera vintage

Aftershave: EPSILON Scottish Spirit

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión

A first Straight Razor shave for me today! So excited. I only did 1 pass with the SR and then finished up with my DE Tech. I have a lot to learn with the straight but I have to say, it was very cool. I took my time and went slow, concentrating on the proper technique that I have spent hours watching on various YouTube channels. I hope I’m not messing up by working it in this way, tightening up with my DE at the end until I get the hang of it. Any way, it was super nice and I enjoyed it.

Preshave-hot shows and Vintage Gentleman Smooth Lavender preshave oil.

Brush-Ever Ready 79 with Super Badger Knot

Soap-Proraso Red

Razor- Levering “The Artist” SR, Gillette Tech

Aftershave-Nivea Balm, Stetson AS, cause I felt like a Cowboy after shaving with the Straight Razor.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very simple quick easy shave today rushing before work, half asleep :sleep1:

Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Treet Platinum (2)
Brush: Vintage Gillette
Shave Cream: Maca Root & Aloe
Post Shave: Cold water splash followed by a application of Avon Care- age restore+ body firming lotion
20200125_033550.jpg

Nice quick 2 pass shave with a few touch-ups, Result= More than satisfied

Happy Shaves You Wonderful People :thumbsup:

Williams on a Saturday Shave;
  • Yates Precision Machining DE (H and M)
  • Dorco Prime (3)
  • Modern Williams Shave Soap
  • Marvy Mug
  • VdH Bowl
  • Fine Lather Bowl
  • Omega 48 Pro
  • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
  • Williams Aqua Velva Ice Blue (US)
  • Williams Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB (US)
  • Homemade Hair Tonic
  • Clubman Firm Hold Pomade
  • Gillette Cool Wave Deo
  • Clubman Whiskey Woods Body Powder
First use of the YPM DE razor. I ordered the razor with the M plate from WCS and the H plate direct from YPM. Both arrived at the exact same time. The H plate was very efficient, but mild. The M plate was more of a touch up plate for me. I went ahead and used the H plate for the WTG and XTG passes with the M plate for the \TG pass. Not a bad razor at all. I'm very impressed.
[IMG]

[IMG]

SOTD : 25th January 2020.

q.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Boots ~ Freshwood Brushless Shave cream.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Face Lather.

Soap : Pinaud Clubman.

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless. (1)

Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Mario Falcone EDT.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend..Since i've entered the wonderful world of tradtional wet shaving i have acquired quite a variety of shaving soft & hardware etc, anyway a small majority of it has been kindly 'gifted & passed on to me by family,friends & workmates .So to show my appreciation to them for my SOTD's this week i'll be using some of them.Starting with the Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO which i haven't used for a while since it was passed on to me. The chinese super-speed clone has a good weight & balance to it and paired up very nicely with the gillette nacet resulting in a 3 pass + pick ups amazingly good bbs shave with no errors to report."WOW"..'what a shave!!'.The razor & blade performed with smooth sharp efficiency.

Without stating the obvious "the razor doesn't give the shave"the razor itself is just a 'Blade holder',I'm starting to think that a winning formula to good shave shaving results is a razor that is comfortable to use,a good sharp blade 'that is suited to my skin type, good preparation, good technique & shaving confidence. I intend to add both this razor & blade duo more regular to my SOTD set ups.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous squirts of Mario Falcone edt to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Saturday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable I-4 Steampunk
Blade: Personna Med Prep (D6)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express Synthetic 24mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Krampert's Acadian Spice Bay Rum
Balm: Stirling's Bay Rum
Aftershave: Krampert's Acadian Spice Bay Rum