What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 20th - January 26th, 2020

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Acqua Di Parma
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Perma Sharp (2)
Scent: Acqua Di Parma

Delightful shave.

First shave with my Charcoal Goods Level 2 copper. Wow, I love a razor that i instantly get along with and get great shaves from. This razor is heavy but is as smooth as a .84 GC or Plate 5 6s. Beautiful hammered copper handle matches my Captains Choice bowl as well once polished.

After a quick 2 pass shave, I am stunned at how efficient and smooth it was, this is undoubtedly one of the best razors (Vintage and Modern) in the 6 years I’ve been wet shaving. Reaching a level of efficiency, blade feel, angle, smoothness and exposure that shaves this well is a treat.

Nacet, Mysterium Serum, B&M Cool soap, StarCraft brush, CG level 2 copper.
583F1BBE-B2E0-4D56-A2CA-D54359856B50.jpeg
63BD5F9B-816C-4998-9286-123C3CD7C0D2.jpeg

TGIF SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Gillette 1932 Canadian Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Personna Med Prep (D5)
Brush: Thater 4125/2 2 band
Bowl: Yuzu Tenmoku 4-3/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Soap: WSO Zaro
Aftershave: Beaver WoodWright Philip's Fougère

Date:- 24 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Sellout (milksteak base)
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Friday 01.24.20 SOTD

DSCF0003 - Edited.jpg

First shave with rhe Hawk. And considering that I struggled at first with finding the right angle, not to mention having screwed up the lather (too watery), it was a relatively smooth and very efficient two-pass BBS shave.
Shugar Soapworks oatmeal & Verbena Soap lather and rinse
RazoRock Satin Silver Hawk SE.V2
Feather Artist Club Professional (1)
Yaqi Moka Express 26mm 2-Band Badger
Barrister and Mann Cheshire Shaving Soap
Barrister And Mann Barrister's Cheshire Aftershave

DSCF0005 - Edited.jpg

First shave with my Charcoal Goods Level 2 copper. Wow, I love a razor that i instantly get along with and get great shaves from. This razor is heavy but is as smooth as a .84 GC or Plate 5 6s. Beautiful hammered copper handle matches my Captains Choice bowl as well once polished.

After a quick 2 pass shave, I am stunned at how efficient and smooth it was, this is undoubtedly one of the best razors (Vintage and Modern) in the 6 years I’ve been wet shaving. Reaching a level of efficiency, blade feel, angle, smoothness and exposure that shaves this well is a treat.

Nacet, Mysterium Serum, B&M Cool soap, StarCraft brush, CG level 2 copper.
View attachment 1055576View attachment 1055577
Congrats!! @zed117

Top Bottom