What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 20th - January 26th, 2020

1930's NEW SC w/Voskhod and Stirling Black Cherry soap and Clubman AS
aa.JPG

My BBS-1 Week shave #4. The BBS-1 has received a lot of hype in the past and deservedly so. Some say it is mild, but with the proper blade, I see no reason for any additional efficiency. I love this razor and a great pairing today with the B&M Lavanille and Stirling Sandpiper aftershave.

LASSC BBS-1 Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
Barrister & Mann Lavanille Shaving Soap
RazoRock Bruce Synthetic Brush
Stirling Sandpiper Aftershave

IMG_4474 3.jpeg

Thursday, 1/23:

20200123_092512.jpg

Razor - Feather AS-D2
Blade - Feather
Brush - Wolf Whiskers Becky turquoise/copper 24mm synthetic fan
Cream - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Blue

Another very nice shave from the AS-D2. It is just so smooth, and the angle is quite intuitive as I mentioned. I'm liking it a lot.

I don't know if it's just Proraso's soaps versus the creams, or if it's because the Red has shea butter, but I always get a better lather from the Red soap than I do the Green and Blue creams. Beautiful peaks and shine, really let the razor glide, practically no blade feel at all.

I'm slowly beginning to love this Wolf Whiskers. It's an exceptional brush for bowl lathering, and I don't know if a synthetic can really "break in", but I feel like it splays better than when I first got it. I wasn't sold at first, but now it's a keeper. All in all, a great refreshing shave.

Finally got around to brewing up some of your tea tree aftershave. Great stuff! Also, if you like orange scented soap, you might try Stirling's Orange Chill. Careful you don't try to taste it, though. The lather smells that good.
Welcome to the Tea Tree aftershave Brother :thumbup1:

I'm not a fan of menthol, I do love a good soap on a warm summer night when I needed a shave so badly.

Thursday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette Blue Super Platinum (4)
Brush: Henri et Victoria High Mountain White-22mmx55mm
Aftershave: Country Club Southern Oud

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars today. 20 seconds to load the Henri et Victoria High Mountain White brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette Blue Super Platinum in the vintage Gillette Slim. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Country Club Southern Oud aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Thur Jan 23-2020

Razor: Razorock SLOC-MFG 2018
Blade : Personna Red (1)
Soap : Razorock Blue Barber
Brush : Razorock Noir 400
Preshave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:
SOTD Thursday Jan 23rd - 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD, Thursday, January 23rd, 2020

Shower + Ach Brito glyce face lather and rinse
Queen Charlotte Vostok shave cream + Simpson badger brush
Symmetry shave bowl
Kai folding shavette razor + Feather Softguard blade
Warm washcloth rinse
Lucky Tiger after shave cream

Trying to shake a winter cold!!

proxy.php

E85740E7-350C-44E3-889A-F72CB0456ABE.jpeg

SOTD 01/23/20

First of all, my apologies for the delayed posting. Every 6 months I have a medical procedure that knocks me out. I shaved early and quickly this morning, but needed to leave for the procedure and didn’t get the chance to post anything after snapping the photo! The shave was good; the LaResche 77 delivered the goods for a decent DFS all around, both face and noggin. Really like this Soap Commander’s Barbershop scent. But I’m exhausted, so will keep it brief. I left feeling clean, smooth and refreshed! Returned home feeling like I was hit by a Mack truck.

RAZOR: LaResche 77
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA’s Preshave Cube Soap
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Soap Commander Honor
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Ogallala Bay Rum/ Sandalwood AS Splash

View attachment 1055477
SOTD 01/23/20

First of all, my apologies for the delayed posting. Every 6 months I have a medical procedure that knocks me out. I shaved early and quickly this morning, but needed to leave for the procedure and didn’t get the chance to post anything after snapping the photo! The shave was good; the LaResche 77 delivered the goods for a decent DFS all around, both face and noggin. Really like this Soap Commander’s Barbershop scent. But I’m exhausted, so will keep it brief. I left feeling clean, smooth and refreshed! Returned home feeling like I was hit by a Mack truck.

POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Ogallala Bay Rum/ Sandalwood AS Splash
Wishing you some good rest and a speedy recovery!

1/22/20
Taylor of Old Bond Street St. James
Simpson Duke #2 in Best Badger
Gillette 1946-47 Aristocrat
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Omega Alum Stick
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Nivea Sensitive Skin Post Shave Balm
Banana Republic Slate
SOTD1-22-20.jpg

1/23/20
Martin de Candre
Plisson pour L'Occitane
11/16 Chaussis Torpedo #270
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Nivea Sensitive Skin Post Shave Balm
Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
SOTD1-23-20.jpg

View attachment 1055477
SOTD 01/23/20

Speedy recovery @Jgreenepa

Top Bottom