What's new

๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿ‘ฝ ๐Ÿ‘พ SOTD - โ€œDune/SciFi/Space Weekโ€ February 19th - 25th, 2024 ๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿ‘ฝ ๐Ÿ‘พ

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Soap: Meta Nectar Intergalactic Artisan Shave Soap from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements
  • Brush: Simpson "Rover"
  • Razor: Rex Ambassador with Astra Blade
  • Sidearm: Star Trek Classic Phaser

full
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, February 23rd 2024

Razor : Yaqi Romulus 316 SSP with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP (Darwin razor looking handle)- Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range depending on blade or shim used. Machining and finish QC are excellent. Small head parts to assemble so I like work on a wash cloth. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Captain titian mild(6) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Great blade to use in a AC razor IMO.
Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea", very nice unique scent that has excellent lather properties. On 2nd tub.
Brush : Yaqi "Cavern Lake" 24mm tuxedo knot. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock The Dead Sea splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Romulus, SE, 316 SSP razor with a Kai Captain titian mild blade. Very enjoyable carefree shave, when the Kai blade has a few shave uses it performs well and blade feel is just about right for a great post shave skin feel in comfort IMO.
SOTD Febuaruy 23 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
SOTD February 23rd 2024
๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿ‘ฝ ๐Ÿ‘พ
February 2024 GRUME
The 15th Annual One Blade in February Challenge
Fatip Friday

Hello friends

The sun shone again. In his honor, I chose MdC Original which produced a splendid lather in my Semogue SOC Mistura. My little great friend Il Piccolo, equipped with Gillette Nacet (11) from the eleventh OBIF shave, filled me with joy by making me realize at 65 years of age that old things can be great. For the first time I used the same blade eleven times and what a surprise to discover that even though it lost a little in sharpness it gained a lot in smoothness.

What a wonderful shave, friends!

I finished very well with Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla.

With us, Frank Rosolino's fantastic trombone.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
โค๏ธ๐Ÿช’

ED81EE17-8723-4901-8FFE-8102E6AB4AF0.jpeg
IMG_5270.jpeg
ย 
SOTD February 23rd 2024
๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿ‘ฝ ๐Ÿ‘พ
February 2024 GRUME
The 15th Annual One Blade in February Challenge
Fatip Friday

Hello friends

The sun shone again. In his honor, I chose MdC Original which produced a splendid lather in my Semogue SOC Mistura. My little great friend Il Piccolo, equipped with Gillette Nacet (11) from the eleventh OBIF shave, filled me with joy by making me realize at 65 years of age that old things can be great. For the first time I used the same blade eleven times and what a surprise to discover that even though it lost a little in sharpness it gained a lot in smoothness.

What a wonderful shave, friends!

I finished very well with Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla.

With us, Frank Rosolino's fantastic trombone.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
โค๏ธ๐Ÿช’

View attachment 1800935View attachment 1800934
Great album. Nice and relaxing jazz. Thanks for the tip.
ย 
20240222_082007.jpg

Razor: Above the Tie G1 V1.5 Single Edge Razor
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Forest City Fern
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
ย 
Saturday's (tonight's) SciFi shave is dedicated to the Gundam!

In the distant future, humanity has reached the stars and forged mighty Gundams to protect its colonies from the looming threat of war. As a new dawn broke with it came with the thunderous roars of the two war machines. They are not just mecha; they are the embodiment of human determination and resilience, painted black and white, respectively, to represent the eternal struggle between chaos and peace. These two titans of the battlefield stand sentinel beside my gear: the Gundam Epyon, a storm of obsidian fury, and the Gundam EW Tallgeese, a paragon of celestial white. They embody the full measure of man, pushing the boundaries of technology and spirit in the never-ending dance of war.

The Gundam Epyon, like the Rocnel Sailor 2022 razor, is a marvel of engineering. Its black armored silhouette was a symbol of power and precision. The razor, crafted with the same precision and care, manifests the Epyon's strength and determination. Each stroke of the blade, akin to Epyon's razor-sharp attacks, is a testament to the full measure of man and his unyielding spirit.

The Kai stainless steel blade mirrors the Gundam's strength and durability. Born from Japan's heartland, this razor blade, much like the Epyon, has the strength to withstand any trial, tear through any obstacle, and emerge victorious. The shimmering blade brought to mind the Gundam's shimmering sword, a beacon of hope amidst the chaos of war.

The Gundam EW Tallgeese, predominantly white, represents the other side of the coin. The aluminum scuttle and shaving brush with a dinar coin embedded in its base stand for the Tallgeese - sturdy, reliable, and imbued with a sense of history. The aftershave splash and balm, "The Full Measure of Man," crafted by Barrister and Mann, are akin to the Gundam's ability to heal, renew, and stand tall despite war's ravages.

"The Full Measure of Man" is named for the ideal these Gundams strive for. Each dollop a testament to the human capacity for courage, sacrifice, and the unwavering will to fight for what's right. Its scent, a blend of steely resolve and comforting earth, invigorates the senses, a prelude to the coming clash.

The Kai blade, a samurai's spirit forged in Japanese steel, slides effortlessly from its pack. Its keen edge whispers of ancient battles, of warriors who honed their skills to perfection, their blades an extension of their unwavering spirit. Like the Gundams who defy the odds, this blade is a testament to the enduring legacy of human ingenuity.

The Rocnel Sailor, a sleek weapon ready for action, receives the blade. Its precision engineering, an echo of the Gundams' advanced technology, promises a smooth, close shave, a victory hard-won but necessary.

The upcoming battlefield is not a war-torn landscape but a man's face, prepped for the daily ritual of shaving. The aluminum scuttle and shaving brush, with a dinar coin embedded in its base, are the support systems, much like the teams behind each Gundam, readying them for the fight ahead. Meanwhile, the King of Shaves preps the battlefield like a carpet bombing run of asteroids and space junk before the battle.

In the cradle of the aluminum scuttle, a silver sea churns, whipped into a lather by the brush, a warrior herald emblazoned on its handle. The Rocnel Sailor, a warrior's tool of gleaming steel and chrome, awaits its baptism. Today's battleground: my face, a canvas where the epic of man and metal unfolds.

As the preparation continues, each tool is not just a grooming product but a piece of the Gundam saga. The black Epyon and the white Tallgeese, the Rocnel Sailor 2022L, a masterpiece of engineering reminiscent of Gundam technology, and the Kai blade, a symbol of Japanese craftsmanship and resilience akin to the Gundams themselves, the aluminum scuttle and brush - all are symbols of the eternal struggle for peace and honor, testing the full measure of man. The battlefield is not just a test of skills but a measure of spirit. Like this shave, the battle between the Epyon and the Tallgeese is an interplay of contrasts - the dark and the light, the chaos and the peace, the struggle and the triumph.

The battle commences with the lathering "The Full Measure of Man." It's a dance as old as time, the brush swirling around the scuttle, whipping the soap into a rich, creamy lather. This is the calm before the storm, the final moments of peace before the Gundams engage in their fierce battle. With brush in hand, I begin the lathering ritual, a rhythmic dance mirroring the movements of the mobile suits in combat. The soap, a swirling nebula of suds, transforms into a celestial shield, protecting my skin from the coming onslaught of the razor.

As I lather "The Full Measure of Man" shaving soap with precision, each brush stroke laden with history and tradition, I contemplate the sacrifices made in the name of duty and honor. The scent of the soap fills the air, a reminder of resilience in the face of adversity.

The first stroke of the razor begins the assault by the Gundams. The Kai blade, as rugged and durable as the Epyon, glides across the skin, removing the stubble with precision and ease. Each pass of the razor is another exchange as the Gundams battle, a testament to the engineering marvel that is the Rocnel Sailor.

As the blade meets skin, the battle continues. Each stroke a calculated maneuver, a testament to skill and control. The Epyon's darkness fuels focus, its relentless assault mirrored in the clean lines carved into the beard. The Tallgeese's celestial light guides the strokes, ensuring each pass is precise and deliberate.

The battle ends as swiftly as it began. The face, now smooth, is the battlefield post-conflict, bearing the signs of a battle well-fought. Applying the aftershave splash and balm is akin to repairing and recovering after the fight. It soothes and heals, restoring the skin to its natural state.

This shave reflects the Gundam stories, a tale of battle, resilience, and, ultimately, the full measure of man. It's a testament to the strength and durability of the tools used and the skill and precision of the man wielding them. And just like the Gundam stories, it's a narrative that continues to unfold, a narrative of the Gundam saga - a tale of courage, resilience, and the full measure of man, one shave at a time.

I stand back, surveying my handiwork. The shave, a testament to the full measure of man, is complete. I am no longer just a man in my bathroom; I am a warrior who has faced his own personal battlefield and emerged victorious. The Gundams, silent sentinels, stand in approval, their timeless stories echoing in the glint of my well-shaven face.

Gundam.jpg
ย 
Last edited:

Saturday SOTD
20240222_150420 (2).jpg

Razor: Asylum Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Proline B-20 (D6)
Brush: MS Faux Horn 30MM Silvertip
Bowl: HoneycombCopper 4 ยฝโ€
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Unscented
Shave Soap: Tallow + Steel Indian Bay
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitรจ
Aftershave: Tallow + Steel Indian Bay
โ€‹
ย 

SOTD: 24th February 2024.

5.jpg

โ€‹
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Super-Max Classic Shaving Cream.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) blue pack. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together with Care+ Witch Hazel./Gummy Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...I've carried on using the Super-Max Classic Shaving Cream after the wonderful lather that it created with my previous shave...The addition of lanolin in this cream is a superb tonic for my mature skin.

Another close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

The Merkur 37C/Treet Dura Sharp carbon blue pack yet again worked together in smooth efficient harmony.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.๐Ÿ˜Ž
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_0269.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Owners Club Boar.
2) Israel: Shaving Cream MEM.
3) England: Razor Gillette Superspeed.
4) Egypt: Razor Blade Big Ben Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captainโ€™s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom