🚀 👩‍🚀 👽 👾 SOTD - “Dune/SciFi/Space Week” February 19th - 25th, 2024 🚀 👩‍🚀 👽 👾

Status
Not open for further replies.
2024-02-24

Rudy Vey Horn 2-band D01 ¤ Gillette Slim Twist + Lea
Lea Stick ¤ Lea ASB ¤ Baldessarini Nautic Spirit EDT

proxy.php

Saturday Morning Shaving Salutations

Second shave with the Feather Kamisori then finished with my Hawk V3A. Overall better shave.
I'm learning and I didn't do bad for my second attempt.
TFS is a really nice soap and blends well with a bunch of splash and aftershave products.

Feather SS Kamisori Razor (2 Passes)
Razorock Hawk V3A (Final Pass)
KAI Protouch MG Blades
Tcheon Fung Sing Granducato Toscano Soap
AP ShaveCo Faux Horse Brush
Proraso Aftershave Balma
BRUT Aftershave Splash

75604C80-D56C-4EF5-8C27-14C47A8B2A02-compressed.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, February 24th 2024

Razor : Razorock Game changer.84 with a RR 316 SSP radio knob handle. Mfg 2018>, tame mid range. Machining and finish QC are excellent. I find that using the Kai SS extra wide blade the blade feel is just perfect for my shaving needs using the RR GC.84. At first when bought I found the blade feel was tame mid range using a standard blade so years later with some research the Kai SS blades are wider giving a nice bump up in blade exposure(blade feel) and know I use my GC.84 more often. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide (9), sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Nice blade to use if you want some improvement in blade feel. I will always have a tuck or 2 in my shave den for my milder razors!
Soap : Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood, nice Bayrum sandalwood (some clove) scents with great lather qualities. I enjoy Bayrum because it is not that sweet scent always we get with a majority of shave soaps.
Brush : Yaqi "Bali" 24 mm 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum and Sandalwood (some clove):001_wub: + a dollop of Geo F Trumper Sandalwood skin food.
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my RR GC.84 with a extra wide Kai SS blade.
SOTD Febuaruy 24 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20240223_080302.jpg

Razor: Gillette 2019 Heritage
Blade: The Blade (Personna) Stainless Steel
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Noble Otter Plunder
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm

Sunday's (tonight's) SciFi shave is dedicated to Dune...

On the windswept sands of Arrakis, a ritual unfolds, not of spice harvesting but of self-transformation. In the mirror are the eyes of Paul Atreides, no longer a young Duke's son, but M'aud Dib, the Fremen Messiah. At hand, the Homelike Tiaga, a brutal blade, a potent symbol of the ruthless Harkonnens, known for their cunning, ambition, power, and treachery, now wielded for a different purpose. Its cold, industrial bite is a reminder of the harsh realities of the Dune universe.

To its side is the product of the Space Guild, a stand showing the folded and collapsed spacetime of stars and emptiness, a silent testament to the navigators who navigate the stars, their machinations ever-present, that returned to Arrakis the Harkonnens and their Sardaukar allies, the Emperor's elite military forces, renowned for their exceptional combat skills and loyalty to the Emperor.

The granite bowl, heavy and unyielding, mirrors the hidden sietches carved into the rock, a haven for the Fremen, a symbol of their resilience. Within it swirls a Melange lather, the Barrister & Mann creation capturing the essence of the Spice. This powerful and coveted substance is the lifeblood of the universe, a reminder of the power to control.

The Razorock Monster brush evokes the spirit of "Shai-Hulud," the giant sandworms of the endless dunes, whispering secrets of the desert and guarding its depths.

Beneath it all, a hidden influence spreads. Shave Secret, the oil of the Padishah Emperor and representative of his insidious and far-reaching influence, serves as a reminder of the forces to manipulate, the strings to pull in the intricate dance of power. And finally, the Bloc Osma Alum, a Bene Gesserit truthteller, ready to reveal the hidden machinations and consequences, the unseen forces at play.

But the Feather Hi-Stainless razor blade holds the true weight of destiny. Forged in the heart of the desert, it mirrored the Fremens' crysknife—a weapon both feared and revered. The Fremens' crysknife, formed from the tooth of Shai-Hulud, "Grandfather of the Desert," held its own mystique. Just as the crysknife was revered for its sharpness and resilience, the Feather blade promised a shave of unparalleled closeness and finesse. It whispers of the Fremen's unwavering will and adaptability. As the blade touched skin, it whispered promises of transformation, of becoming more than mere flesh and bone.

Each stroke of the Tiaga carves away the excess, not just of beard, but of doubt, of fear. This is not just shaving whiskers. This is shaping destiny.

The air carried the heady scent of Melange, the Spice that fueled the universe. Barrister & Mann had captured its essence in their soap, splash, and balm. With each stroke, the Shaver awakens—the one who could see the threads of fate—imbibed the Spice. It flowed through his veins, unlocking hidden knowledge and revealing paths unseen by others.

As blood mingled with the Spice, and visions danced before closed eyes. Alliances were forged and broken, and worlds rose and fell, converging toward a singular point—the BBS shave. The Shaver transcended time and space as the blade glided, glimpsing alternate realities. This shave—the fulcrum of existence—balanced on the precipice, each choice rippled through eternity, shaping destinies.

And so, with each stroke, he whispered incantations—the litany against fear, the words of power. The blade carved not only hair but also fate. The Harkonnens trembled, the Space Guild faltered, and Shaddam's grip wavered. The universe held its breath.

The lather thins, revealing the smooth landscape of skin and a reflection of an inner vision. This shaving ritual has opened a new path. The melange scent lingers, a promise of power, of change. The desert wind whispers, "Kwisatz Haderach." The players have been manipulated, and the future has been reshaped. Like the sun rising over the dunes, the Fremen will emerge victorious, not just with a BBS shave, but with the universe's fate.

Now, in the mirror, are the eyes of the Kwisatz Haderach—the culmination of prophecy. The BBS shave was complete. Blood mingled with Spice, and so began the future, a blade-sharp edge between worlds.

Tonight, the Badger and Blade board would know: The sandworms of Arrakis had birthed their Kwisatz Haderach, and the universe would never be the same.

And so, as the last remnants of lather were rinsed away, the echoes of Arrakis and the power struggles of the Dune universe lingered in the air. This shave had woven together the realms of science fiction and wet shaving, creating a tapestry of intrigue, symbolism, and a shave that transcended mere routine.

Dune.jpg

Sunday's (tonight's) SciFi shave is dedicated to Dune...

On the windswept sands of Arrakis, a ritual unfolds, not of spice harvesting but of self-transformation. In the mirror are the eyes of Paul Atreides, no longer a young Duke's son, but M'aud Dib, the Fremen Messiah. At hand, the Homelike Tiaga, a brutal blade, a potent symbol of the ruthless Harkonnens, known for their cunning, ambition, power, and treachery, now wielded for a different purpose. Its cold, industrial bite is a reminder of the harsh realities of the Dune universe.

To its side is the product of the Space Guild, a stand showing the folded and collapsed spacetime of stars and emptiness, a silent testament to the navigators who navigate the stars, their machinations ever-present, that returned to Arrakis the Harkonnens and their Sardaukar allies, the Emperor's elite military forces, renowned for their exceptional combat skills and loyalty to the Emperor.

The granite bowl, heavy and unyielding, mirrors the hidden sietches carved into the rock, a haven for the Fremen, a symbol of their resilience. Within it swirls a Melange lather, the Barrister & Mann creation capturing the essence of the Spice. This powerful and coveted substance is the lifeblood of the universe, a reminder of the power to control.

The Razorock Monster brush evokes the spirit of "Shai-Hulud," the giant sandworms of the endless dunes, whispering secrets of the desert and guarding its depths.

Beneath it all, a hidden influence spreads. Shave Secret, the oil of the Padishah Emperor and representative of his insidious and far-reaching influence, serves as a reminder of the forces to manipulate, the strings to pull in the intricate dance of power. And finally, the Bloc Osma Alum, a Bene Gesserit truthteller, ready to reveal the hidden machinations and consequences, the unseen forces at play.

But the Feather Hi-Stainless razor blade holds the true weight of destiny. Forged in the heart of the desert, it mirrored the Fremens' crysknife—a weapon both feared and revered. The Fremens' crysknife, formed from the tooth of Shai-Hulud, "Grandfather of the Desert," held its own mystique. Just as the crysknife was revered for its sharpness and resilience, the Feather blade promised a shave of unparalleled closeness and finesse. It whispers of the Fremen's unwavering will and adaptability. As the blade touched skin, it whispered promises of transformation, of becoming more than mere flesh and bone.

Each stroke of the Tiaga carves away the excess, not just of beard, but of doubt, of fear. This is not just shaving whiskers. This is shaping destiny.

The air carried the heady scent of Melange, the Spice that fueled the universe. Barrister & Mann had captured its essence in their soap, splash, and balm. With each stroke, the Shaver awakens—the one who could see the threads of fate—imbibed the Spice. It flowed through his veins, unlocking hidden knowledge and revealing paths unseen by others.

As blood mingled with the Spice, and visions danced before closed eyes. Alliances were forged and broken, and worlds rose and fell, converging toward a singular point—the BBS shave. The Shaver transcended time and space as the blade glided, glimpsing alternate realities. This shave—the fulcrum of existence—balanced on the precipice, each choice rippled through eternity, shaping destinies.

And so, with each stroke, he whispered incantations—the litany against fear, the words of power. The blade carved not only hair but also fate. The Harkonnens trembled, the Space Guild faltered, and Shaddam's grip wavered. The universe held its breath.

The lather thins, revealing the smooth landscape of skin and a reflection of an inner vision. This shaving ritual has opened a new path. The melange scent lingers, a promise of power, of change. The desert wind whispers, "Kwisatz Haderach." The players have been manipulated, and the future has been reshaped. Like the sun rising over the dunes, the Fremen will emerge victorious, not just with a BBS shave, but with the universe's fate.

Now, in the mirror, are the eyes of the Kwisatz Haderach—the culmination of prophecy. The BBS shave was complete. Blood mingled with Spice, and so began the future, a blade-sharp edge between worlds.

Tonight, the Badger and Blade board would know: The sandworms of Arrakis had birthed their Kwisatz Haderach, and the universe would never be the same.

And so, as the last remnants of lather were rinsed away, the echoes of Arrakis and the power struggles of the Dune universe lingered in the air. This shave had woven together the realms of science fiction and wet shaving, creating a tapestry of intrigue, symbolism, and a shave that transcended mere routine.

View attachment 1801557
Pure poetry my friend. Wonderful shave and very eloquent gear! I cannot wait for Dune 3 on March 1st!!

“It is impossible to live in the past, difficult to live in the present and a waste to live in the future” - my favorite Dune quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom