What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

Razor: Supply Pro
Blade: Supply Black (6)
Brush: Ever Ready 100
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Soap: B&M 42
Balm: Proraso White
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter

FBC3E256-BDC9-4529-9CBF-4DB677B12345.jpeg

Sunday Schick shave, July 31st, 2022

Razor : Schick injector E2 type- Mfg 1930's -40's, nice mid range, 1 oz weight, easy to roam the face and can give very close shaves. This morning I thought I would try something different and used a modified a new Kai Protouch injector blade and tried it in the E2 and it was the smoothest shave and fastest shave ever with this razor. It was the most carefree shave with a E2 razor that you usually have to give it respect, turned it to a cartridge carefree shave feeling with out any tugging. It tamed the E2 from a tiger to house cat comparison and I enjoyed it(nice change). If a person is on medications for blood thinning this combination could be a answer to avoiding cuts if you like traditional wet shaving. I have used the modified Kai Protouch blade in the Schick adjustable M3 with better results and so it goes there next week.
Blade : Kai Protouch AC 50mm modified to 40mm approx(1) excellent blade, sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. Another alternative Schick injector blade.
Soap : Razorock American barber- nice barber shop scent with excellent lather qualities. Milder scent than the American barber splash but similar.
Brush : Yaqi Rainbow 26mm brown whiskers synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : American barber aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a modified Kai protouch AC 50mm blade.
View attachment 1497298

Have some great shaves!
Hey there @Ron R

Are the E series Schicks particularly aggressive?

I am just asking because hopefully I will be acquiring one very soon, and any background info would be useful.

I will start a dedicated thread asking for advice and tips on getting the most out of them, but any initial thoughts would be most helpful.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Hey there @Ron R

Are the E series Schicks particularly aggressive?

I am just asking because hopefully I will be acquiring one very soon, and any background info would be useful.

I will start a dedicated thread asking for advice and tips on getting the most out of them, but any initial thoughts would be most helpful.
At first when I was learning wet shaving 5 years ago it took a few shaves to dial it in and I was using the SChick blades(7 in a yellow package :thumbup:) and I got the odd weeper until I used less pressure, razor weighs 1OZ. The E2, E3 & G models + M3 are my favorite Schick injectors it seems and the other series are good also but these models work for me the best it seems and they are mid range with the M3 adjustable any range of aggression + will take any blade out there for injectors where the E & G models just take a regular 40mm blade.
I recommend new blades because some of the old blades might look OK but over the decades lose that sharpness and almost turned me off SE shaving with the Schick injectors. When I put that new blade in it was like night and day difference & I always mention that because injectors are a good shaving system IMO. I now use mostly Personna injector blades and Connaught UK shaving sells them also and are good to deal with IMO.
Enjoy your new E type Schick injector.

At first when I was learning wet shaving 5 years ago it took a few shaves to dial it in and I was using the SChick blades(7 in a yellow package :thumbup:) and I got the odd weeper until I used less pressure, razor weighs 1OZ. The E2, E3 & G models + M3 are my favorite Schick injectors it seems and the other series are good also but these models work for me the best it seems and they are mid range with the M3 adjustable any range of aggression + will take any blade out there for injectors where the E & G models just take a regular 40mm blade.
I recommend new blades because some of the old blades might look OK but over the decades lose that sharpness and almost turned me off SE shaving with the Schick injectors. When I put that new blade in it was like night and day difference & I always mention that because injectors are a good shaving system IMO. I now use mostly Personna injector blades and Connaught UK shaving sells them also and are good to deal with IMO.
Enjoy your new E type Schick injector.
Thanks Brother @Ron R!

I would like to become a SISSY :001_smile

I have recently become the proud owner of what I think is a Canadian E2 set.
IMG_20220826_201608176.jpg

I have always been fascinated by Col. Schick's invention, and it's subsequent developments. They are probably the most ambitious and ingenious early 20th Century safety razor design.

I have ordered some blades, and will be reporting my first shave as soon as I am able to.

The Canadian early Schick variants, specifically the E series, seem to have an interesting history and I will be looking out with keen interest for Brother @Whiterook's thread on the Canadian E variants when he is able to launch it!

I would like to become a SISSY :001_smile

I have recently become the proud owner of what I think is a Canadian E2 set.
View attachment 1512509

I have always been fascinated by Col. Schick's invention, and it's subsequent developments. They are probably the most ambitious and ingenious early 20th Century safety razor design.

I have ordered some blades, and will be reporting my first shave as soon as I am able to.

The Canadian early Schick variants, specifically the E series, seem to have an interesting history and I will be looking out with keen interest for Brother @Whiterook's thread on the Canadian E variants when he is able to launch it!
Welcome, Simon!

Razor: Schick E3 Canadian model
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20220826_103708.jpg

Razor: Schick M2 Adjustable Injector Razor