What's new

Injector Blades: Parker or Schick?

It's getting close to the reorder time for some injector blades. Since I haven't purchased any new ones in years (my injector razors dropped out of rotation but I'm getting back into them heavily again.) I was wondering which ones you rank best for price and shaving quality. Are there other blade brands available other than Parker or Schick? Also, what retailers are reliable suppliers of SE injector blades?

Thanks!

Reactions: Kix

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I'm curious to know how many shaves, on average, you get from an injector blade?

That's one of those YMMV questions, but to give an idea I get 2 to 3 times as many shaves from an Injector blade as I do a DE. (Stands to reason due to the increased stiffness). Me, I prefer vintage Schick Plus Platinum blades, for strictly modern the yellow Schicks work best for me. The various Personnas and the Supply all suffer from poorly constructed injector cases (plastic)

I believe the Ted Pella blades are Personna, but I am not at all sure. Injector blades from Supply are relatively new to the scene. I think those blades are from Japan, but again, not certain.

I hated the Personna injector blades. Loved the vintage Schick and modern Proline B blades. Currently no injector razors in my rotation anymore.

That's one of those YMMV questions, but to give an idea I get 2 to 3 times as many shaves from an Injector blade as I do a DE. (Stands to reason due to the increased stiffness). Me, I prefer vintage Schick Plus Platinum blades, for strictly modern the yellow Schicks work best for me. The various Personnas and the Supply all suffer from poorly constructed injector cases (plastic)
That's helpful. I was guessing that, as I have the same experience with my AC and Gem blades.

I'm curious to know how many shaves, on average, you get from an injector blade?

YMMV, some folks push every blade to the limit. 10-14 shaves from an injector blade is common, some will go 20+. The cost/shave evens out with respect to DE blades as the number of shaves increases.

Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom