What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, July 31st, 2022

Razor : Schick injector E2 type- Mfg 1930's -40's, nice mid range, 1 oz weight, easy to roam the face and can give very close shaves. This morning I thought I would try something different and used a modified a new Kai Protouch injector blade and tried it in the E2 and it was the smoothest shave and fastest shave ever with this razor. It was the most carefree shave with a E2 razor that you usually have to give it respect, turned it to a cartridge carefree shave feeling with out any tugging. It tamed the E2 from a tiger to house cat comparison and I enjoyed it(nice change). If a person is on medications for blood thinning this combination could be a answer to avoiding cuts if you like traditional wet shaving. I have used the modified Kai Protouch blade in the Schick adjustable M3 with better results and so it goes there next week.
Blade : Kai Protouch AC 50mm modified to 40mm approx(1) excellent blade, sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. Another alternative Schick injector blade.
Soap : Razorock American barber- nice barber shop scent with excellent lather qualities. Milder scent than the American barber splash but similar.
Brush : Yaqi Rainbow 26mm brown whiskers synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : American barber aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a modified Kai protouch AC 50mm blade.
SOTD July 31 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

This week's set up
SWS 7_30.jpg

The chrome Type I on the left has been a bit more aggressive than the one on the right. Then Monday night I noted that the chrome version had only had a Japanese Schick injector blade and had never been used with my "standard" injector blade, the sChick in the yellow pack. I had a sChick that I'd used 3 times in the Asylum, so I carefully put it into an injector cartridge and loaded it into the chrome Hydro-magic. Voila! Now the chromed version is one smooth operator!

Razor: Asylum Shave Works Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Tobacco Leaf
Aftershave: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Aftershave Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
20220802_075806.jpg

Razor: Schick E2 Special Introductory Kit, Black handle
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20220805_091603.jpg

Ron R

Sunday Schick shave, August 7th 2022, I like to try ideas on possibly improving the blades available for the Schick injectors, I'm still longer testing with the Kai protouch blade sniped at one end and stone any burrs results are good when using the Schick injector adjustable M3 to find that sweet spot for the Protouch. The AC 50mm blades are easy for me to shorten to the shorter 40mm approximately length blades that are in the Schick injectors. Excellent shave this morning with no issues with injector wide open.
Razor : Schick adjustable razor model 3- Mfg 1970-72, one of the best Schick razors made IMO, I like using the regular blades on lower settings 2-3 works well for me, Kai Protouch works well with a little more aggressive settings IMO.
Blade : Kai Protouch modified(2) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. The Kai Protouch helps prevent the blade from digging in, I really enjoy this blade in my shavette also.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer, the scent is very nice with a slight lemon scent + excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations to design their recent soaps.
Brush : Yaqi "ever helpful" 22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : witch hazel cleanse+ Yaqi Musketeer AS (very nice scent but fleeting) + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector with a modified Kai Protouch blade.(Yesterdays shave was very close with the Yaqi Katana razor Astra SP combo and not much for the blade to take off this morning but it did the job very well!)

[IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Tuesday August 9

Razor: Supply 2.0 matte black with SE comb plate / Supply Black Label (17)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: MWF
Post: Osma alum, rinse, Portland General Store black willow bark toner

My last shave was last Tuesday (with the same setup except for the splash), so exactly a week worth of stubble to mow. As usual, one pass did it. That at least gets me to a Socially Acceptable Shave of looking reasonably neatly clean shaven, which is all I need right now.

The Supply Black Label blade is still doing fine. No complaints at all from the alum.

It is hot and muggy here, which always gives me a problem with skin oil and a bit of an acne flare-up. The PGS willow toner with its salicylic acid is just the ticket for that. I shaved after showering, then after my shave, I used a cotton pad to apply the toner not just to the area I shaved but to my entire face, chest and shoulders. Problem solved.

PGS made good all-natural products -- the toner and also an alpine-scented shave jelly that was quite nice. Pity they went out of business during the pandemic...

Hope everyone has a good week!

Razor: Supply Pro Adjustable Injector Razor
Blade: Supply Black Label Injector blades
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Tobacco Leaf
Aftershave: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Aftershave Splash
Additional Care:
20220705_072451.jpg

Ron R

Sunday Schick shave, August 14th 2022, Still enjoying my test with the modified Kai protouch guarded blade, settings 5,5 + pickups 9 and the blade is very smooth with good results + very unlikely to get irritation or weepers and still get a close shave. Any adjustable injector or Schick adjustables are best suited for this blade IMO for tweaking to person desire of shave wanted.

Razor : Schick adjustable injector model 3- Mfg 1970-72, excellent adjustable, well made, fairly long handle but manageable + one of my favorite Schick razors + will take any injector blade (Twins, different brands +modified blades) with ease.
Blade : Modified Kai Protouch (3) excellent sharpness & smoooth with reasonable longevity for a modified AC blade.
Soap : Razorock Fresco XXX mild mentholated:001_wub:, very nice masculine clean scent when dried down with excellent lather qualities. Very nice soap IMO.
Brush : Yaqi Aqua High mountain 24 mm silvertip badger- excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great mild scrub, excellent lather painter.
Post shave : Razorock XXX:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3 with a modified Kai protouch guarded blade.
SOTD August 14 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Today's work Head Shave :

Pre Shave: Nivea Men Scrub
Razor: Supply Pro (on 6)
Blade: Schick/Chick (1)
Brush: Maggard 2 Band 24mm Fan - Purple Resin
Soap/Cream: La Toja Classic Cream
Post Shave: Maggard Alum, Thayers Astringent, La Toja A/S Splash, Nivea Men Fresh Gel Moisturizer

** One Pass ATG + Touch Ups (BBS)
** No Nicks, Little Irritation, Little Alum Feedback

Rating: 8/10
*Tried All Injector Blades With This Razor... Only The Chicks Works (For Me)... 👌🏼

Razor: Schick E3 Imperial Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20220819_091834.jpg

Ron R

Sunday Schick Shave, August 21 2022, Still testing this modified Kai Protouch guarded blade, very easy going shave with no issues.

Razor : Schick adjustable injector, Model 3(M3)- Mfg 1970-72, well built adjustable with good range, fairly long handle + enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Kai Protouch modified(5) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade. The guarded blade prevents blade from digging in + another alternative blade possibly for 40mm injectors if some one choses .
Soap : Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood, nice mid range scent as it dries down the Sandalwood sweetness starts its part projecting.
Brush : Yaqi 24mm mysterious space Silvertip badger- excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrub + excellent lather painter.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(7) + ATG(7) + pickups (9).
Post shave :Witch hazel soap residual cleanse followed by Ogallala Bayrum with Sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable M3 with a modified Protouch AC blade shortened to fit the Schick size of blades.
SOTD August 21 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom