What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

Razor: Supply Pro Adjustable Injector Razor
Blade: Supply Black Label Injector blades
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Tobacco Leaf
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
20220719_090146.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Schick Saturday Shave, Oct 1st 2022

Razor : Schick adjustable injector M3- Mfg 1970-72, well built and easy to adjust on the go, still using this modified Kai Protouch and it is showing signs of weakness on 5th use.
Blade : Kai Protouch(5) excellent blade, sharp & and smooth with reasonable longevity, excellent blade for folks who nick easy or other skin blemishes IMO. Good blade to use when learning how to use a Shavette IMO.
Soap : Ogallala Bayrum & sandal wood, nice Bayrum scent with some clove + excellent lather protection.
Brush : Yaqi Moka express 26 mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, big pillow soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel soap residual cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood AS:001_wub: + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector with a Kai Protouch blade.
SOTD October 1 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Supply V2.0 Stainless + SE plate, matte black
Aftershave: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Aftershave Splash
Additional Care:
20221004_073421.jpg

Ron R

Sunday Schick shave, OCtober 9th, 2022

Razor : Schick injector E2 Canadian variant, Mfg 1930's, excellent mid range, very easy to manipulate around the face, very light razor(1 OZ), still needs light touch for best results + a joy to use. One of my favorite injector razors.
Blade : Persona SS PTFE (9) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Razorock Lavender
[IMG]
(discontinued?) very nice masculine Lavender scent with excellent lather qualities. Hardly ever get nicks or weepers with my lavender soaps.
Brush : Yaqi "Deep stones" boss knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Personna coated blade.
[IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Parker V1 Adjustable Injector
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Lather: Mauer & Wirtz Tabac
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
20220330_092455.jpg

Today's work Head Shave :

Pre Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave
Razor: Schick Type G1
Blade: Schick / Chick (1)
Brush: Maggard 2 Band 24mm Fan Purple Resin
Soap/Cream: Proraso White Cream
Post Shave: Omega Alum, Thayers Astringent, Lucky Tiger Bay Rum A/S Splash, Proraso White A/S Balm

** One Pass ATG + Touch Ups (BBS)
** No Nicks, No Irritation, No Alum Feedback

Rating: Beautiful 10 👌🏼

Ron R

Sunday Schick shave, OCtober 16th 2022

Razor : Schick injector adjustable M3- Mfg 1970-72, well built and designed adjustable that works well, it will take all the Schick blades manufactured over the years that other models will not, it is designed also as a unisex razor IMO because of the handle length. Great shave this morning.
Blade : Kai Protouch Proguard modified- A interesting blade that prevents digging in reducing nicks & cuts. The longevity is about 6 decent shaves and then tossed. This blade works well in a AC shavette also, especially when learning how to use a shavette I have found out. Great blade!
Soap : Mitchell's wool fat, nice clean mild scent when dry but comes more alive when wet in the lather is my findings with this classic soap. I Cut a few slivers of soap & press in bowl and with a squeezed damp brush start stirring brush until paste is formed and add a few drops only and stir.......until you get the lather you like 1-2 minutes later for myself. Apply to a wet face works well for myself.
Brush : Yaqi "Barber pole" 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(7) + ATG(8) + pickups(9 settings).
Post shave : Razorock Irish countryside AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with Schick injector M3 with a modified Kai protouch blade.
SOTD October 16 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick G1v2 Gold with Dark blue handle
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: The CaYuen Workshop Candy Cane in HD Silvertip Badger
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20221015_081315.jpg

I continue to be impressed with this razor. Mild, smooth and effective. Still not quite at the highest level of efficiency, but this is the first razor I could consider trading off some of that for the wonderful shave experience: A velvet smooth saftey bar that feels unlike any other razor I have used.

RAZOR: Schick Injector [Canadian E3]
BLADE: Schick Injector [2]
BRUSH: Rudy Vey Chief Muehle STF 25mm
LATHER: Zingari Man Mousse Illuminee

e3-zingari.jpg

Last edited:
Razor: Schick L2 Stick Schick
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Barbershop
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
20221020_084831.jpg

Razor: Schick G2 Gold filled Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20221022_080135.jpg

Ron R

Sunday Schick Shave, OCtober 23rd 2022.

Razor : Schick injector J1 type- Mfg 1957-64, tame mid range, well built and easy to work the face very fast. Had a enjoyable very smoooth shave this morning.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector(7)- very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda, nice fresh Lavender scent with excellent lather qualities. Lavender soaps are #1 of my top tier soaps and creams and offer some of the best protection and scents out their IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Mountain lake" 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great splay scrubber, great lather painter.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda
[IMG]
with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
[IMG]
Excellent shave with my Schick J1 injector with a coated Personna injector blade.
[IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

Schick Sunday Shave, Oct 30th, 2022

Razor : Stick Schick, L type theme series- Mfg 1973- mild range, interesting razor and it is very comfortable to shave with + and a joy to use.
Blade : Schick Personna injector SS PTFE(9) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Mitchell's wool fat, nice mild scent when dry but when lathered the scent increases, all I do is cut a few slivers with my pocket knife and press in bowl and with a squeezed brush(2 flicks will do)start the lathering looking for a paste to form and then add some hand water drops or a spray mister keep stirring and add some droplets of water & stir...... until your happy 1-2 minutes later it is ready. The secret to this soap is not to over whelm it with water at first or you will just chase it IMO. Apply to a wet face. Synthetic brushes work excellent also with this hard triple milled soap like shown.
Brush : Yaqi Moka express 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Post shave : Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
[IMG]
excellent shave with my Stick Schick injector with a Personna coated blade.
[IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Supply Pro Adjustable Injector Razor
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
20220719_090050.jpg

Top Bottom