Soap Of The Month Club (SOTMC)

I'm in for October
Soap: Noble Otter Barrbarr
Attempts: 7
Completions: 6
Consecutive Months: 1
Months Skipped: 1
Fails: 0

It has been great to go through SOTMC as well as the 2019 Purchase Sabbatical. Seeing how long soaps last has made it easy to not by soaps. I have been getting great shaves with my Barrbarr, however, it seems to be disappearing much faster than my WCS Formula-T soap. Looking forward to another month with it. I will either finish sometime this month or switch to B&M First snow for November.

I'm in for November. Started on 1st April 2019 and now on a second bowl; have a third bowl to follow.
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood
Attempts:8
Completions:7
Fails:0
Consecutive months: 7
Months skipped:0

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I'm in for November 2019

Soap: MdC
Attempts: 49
Completions: 47
Consecutive Months: 12
Months Skipped: 02
Fails: 01

I'm in for October
Soap: Noble Otter Barrbarr (this has got to end soon) followed by B&M First Snow
Attempts: 8
Completions: 7
Consecutive Months: 2
Months Skipped: 1

Success for October, or should I say Tabactober.

Attempts: 30
Completions: 28
Fails: 2 (July 2015, August 2016)

Soaps Used: Tabac soap x9, T&H Sandalwood soap x3, GFT Eucris soap x3, GFT Violet soap x3, Proraso Green soap x2, Spieck cream x2, TOBS Avocado cream x 2, Truefitt & Hill rose cream x 2, Truefitt & Hill Grafton cream, Dr. Harris Marlborough soap, Midnight & Two's The Study, Col. Conk Bay Rum, Barrister & Mann Leviathan, Henri et Victoria Cuban Cigar, Great Canadian Shave Co. Lavender, Stirling Black Cumin & Orange.

Soaps finished during a month: 5 (Henri et Victoria Cuban Cigar, Stirling Black Cumin, Fendrihan's Sandalwood & Lavender, Barrister & Mann Leviathan, and Tabac)
Months skipped in total: 20 (February & March 2016, November 2016 to August 2017, April 2018, & July 2018 to January 2019)
Longest stretch consecutive months:7

I'm sorry gentlemen for the late post. I finished October successfully and I am going to be using the MWF during the month of November.

Soap: MWF
Attempts: 3
Completions: 2
Consecutive month: 0
Months skipped: 0

I'm sorry gentlemen for the late post.

Late? I believe to official rules state from the 1st through the 3rd. If anything you are the most punctual of all of us.

That said, I had a rather short NOvember (Noble Otter-vember) in that I already finished my NO Barrbarr. Time to move on to my B&M First Snow.

NOvember1.jpg

Sorry guys - I have been out of commission for a while. Back in the saddle now...

November 2019
Soap: Mondial Tobacco Verde
Attempts: 46
( DR Harris Arlington, B&M Fougere Aromatique, Blades Grim Smolder, SCS Soap for Hope, WSO Coconut Lime, Czech and Speake Oxford & Cambridge, Valobra Fougere, LASS Hollywood Romance, Floris Verbena Stick, Estoril Shave Cream, DR Harris Arlington, Mitchell Wool Fat, Valobra Regular, DR Harris Arlington, Mondial Tobacco Verde )
Completions: 45
Months skipped:4
Consecutive month:0

The Mondial is a fine long lasting soap. I have a silver dollar sized clear spot in the bottom of the container, so the end is in sight! Have to admit the number of shaves a week has dropped to 2-3, so it will probably last a bit longer. This is the first soap that I have a strong pull to ordering another container!

Just a day or two left on my D. R. Harris Marlborough. It has been a great soap. I get a lightly floral ceder scent. No hint of smoke at all. I would grade this even with the Arlington that I tried. Both of them great!

I will be finishing the month with CBL Tonsorial 'Roasted Oatmeal Stout'.

I'm in for December.
Soap: Cella
Attempts:8
Completions:8
Fails:0
Consecutive months: 8
Months skipped:0
Soaps used: Proraso Sandalwood 8 months straight. Need a change!

I'm in for December continuing with MWF. If it gets finished, I will complete the month with my frankensoap that consists of Arko, Valobra Fougere, SV Felce Aromatica and Tabac.

Soap: MWF
Attempts: 4
Completions: 3
Consecutive month: 1

Completing November today.

I'm in for December and am sticking with CBL Tonsorial 'Roasted Oatmeal Stout'. This is a great soap with a great holiday scent.

I'm in for December.
Soap: Parker Sandalwood
Attempts: 1
Completions: 0
Consecutive months: 0

This is my first time with the SOTMC. I have several soaps that I've started but didn't finish. I stumbled upon this club a few days ago and I think this will be a great way to work through my soaps one month at a time.

I bought the Parker soap almost two years ago and I have about 44 grams remaining. If it doesn't make it to the end of the month, I'll finish with some Cella. A great way to end the year.

Top Bottom