What's new

Soap Of The Month Club (SOTMC)

Ok since there is a ton of chatter about these sabbaticals (which I am part of one) i'd like to throw in a REAL challenge. It's not a true 3017 but it's a monthly change of shave soaps or creams.

Rule.
- Only use one shave cream/soap for the entire month.
- List your soap/cream of choice in a post.

To be a full member you need to fulfill an entire month of the challenge.

Membership entitles you to opt out of challenge on a month by month basis (in case you need to scratch the itch to shave with different soaps for an entire month).

Exceptions.
- A change of soap can be made only if you run out.
- A change can be made if you have an adverse reaction to the soap/cream.

If you fail the challenge (which I fear I will) post the reasons for your failure.

Registration starts every first of the month and ends the third day of every month at 12 Midnight. No exeptions. Late entry's will not be added to roster.

End of monthly challenge is the last day of the month at 12 midnight.

Good luck gents. You'll need it as will I. I'll have to lock up my soaps/ creams and hand my wife the key.

This is an everlasting challenge. It will end on the last day of the month and the next months challenge will begin on the third day of each month to give participants to restock and get a multi shave cream binge in. Are you in?

Well this sounds interesting now..............every month hummm...........I think Im in.

3017CC sound good?
Yes I can modify the rules. To become a member you have to fulfill one whole month. Membership enables you to opt out on a month to month basis? Sound good? Any editation?

I think we can keep it. Inevitably all participants will truly 3017 their soap during the challenge. Just took a peak at my soap of the month. I think I may finish it this month.

Out of consideration for the original tradition of the 3017's and not to to tread on their name sake ( their original thread name ) which has been going on long before any of us joined this forum........we may want to at least consider a name change...............out of respect......that being said, I really like the month to month idea with the three day brake and the option to opt out for a month if we feel we need it.

"Perhaps 'Monthly Soap Challenge Club' would be a more appropriate name. Soap of the month club', I don't know, it really doesn't matter. It could be renamed every month. I know the soap I'm using is being 3017ed and will not make it through the second month."

Last edited:
$IMG_20140404_074908_903.jpg
Another day with the Stirling Barbershop in my OS mug. I can tell that I've used the puck after about a dozen lathers, but, there is still a lot of soap in that mug. I expect it will still be around at the end of the month.

Out of consideration for the original tradition of the 3017's and not to to tread on their name sake ( their original thread name ) which has been going on long before any of us joined this forum........we may want to at least consider a name change...............out of respect......that being said, I really like the month to month idea with the three day brake and the option to opt out for a month if we feel we need it.

"Perhaps 'Monthly Soap Challenge Club' would be a more appropriate name. Soap of the month club', I don't know, it really doesn't matter. It could be renamed every month. I know the soap I'm using is being 3017ed and will not make it through the second month."

+1

Out of respect for the original 3017. I'm all for it.

I think that is a good decision.........but lets not be in a rush for the name just yet....Our founder Runfoxrun well have the final choice in selecting the name of course.

But let us be creative or at least think the name through........we want this to stick around for a long time. IMHO

Changed! Now, SHAVE ON!
Today is my late night shave. I got Friday Saturday off this week. I was almost tempted to not wear any AS yesterday because PPF is so hydrating.

I just changed it to soap of the month club.

Sounds bland lol.

Anyone have ideas?
Maybe
12 changes club? 12 for each month.

Yeah," Soap Of The Month Club". RFR, you should PM one of the mods for this section and ask that the title be changed.

I agree......... a mod can change the thread title as well........that my also bring in more potential members in the following months.

Top Bottom