What's new

Soap Of The Month Club (SOTMC)

I just saw this. I am starting a half-block of Pannacrema San Frascesco tomorrow for the 3017 thread and following it up with a half-block of Pannacrema Namaste when it is gone. I only have half-blocks as I split my order with a friend. Neither will last more than two weeks but together, they make a month. May I join you?
Join in.

Ok, so I'm going to start with my Arlington, to coincide with Aprilington. Am I correct to assume that we are to pick a new soap each month, and use that soap from the 1st through the end of the month? And if so, when will we be ending?
This is an everlasting challenge. It will end on the last day of the month and the next months challenge will begin on the third day of each month to give participants to restock and get a multi shave cream binge in. Are you in?

Ok, so I'm going to start with my Arlington, to coincide with Aprilington. Am I correct to assume that we are to pick a new soap each month, and use that soap from the 1st through the end of the month? And if so, when will we be ending?
End of the month Chris.......... at 12:00 pm If your a nigh shaver. It is yet to be seen if this well continue next month.........maybe......we well see.........

This is an everlasting challenge. It will end on the last day of the month and the next months challenge will begin on the third day of each month to give participants to restock and get a multi shave cream binge in. Are you in?

I'm in! My soap for April will be D.R. Harris Arlington. It is on its way now, so until it shows up I just won't shave. I've already scouted my den for the next few months after this. I think this is a great idea! I'll be the first one to admit I use a different soap every time I shave. In all honesty, it doesn't really leave you enough time to get to know the soap; I think a month is perfect. I feel like 30 days is enough time to dial ANY soap in. Unless it is an inherently bad soap, we should all be very good at lathering our chosen soap.

EDIT TO ADD: So, should our signature line be, "3017 Challenge Club" ???

Last edited:

End of the month Chris.......... at 12:00 pm If your a nigh shaver. It is yet to be seen if this well continue next month.........maybe......we well see.........

I'm in! My soap for April will be D.R. Harris Arlington. It is on its way now, so until it shows up I just won't shave. I've already scouted my den for the next few months after this. I think this is a great idea! I'll be the first one to admit I use a different soap every time I shave. In all honesty, it doesn't really leave you enough time to get to know the soap; I think a month is perfect. I feel like 30 days is enough time to dial ANY soap in. Unless it is an inherently bad soap, we should all be very good at lathering our chosen soap.

EDIT TO ADD: So, should our signature line be, "3017 Challenge Club" ???

Well this sounds interesting now..............every month hummm...........I think Im in.

Well this sounds interesting now..............every month hummm...........I think Im in.

3017CC sound good?
Yes I can modify the rules. To become a member you have to fulfill one whole month. Membership enables you to opt out on a month to month basis? Sound good? Any editation?

I missed the deadline but I'm going to try this anyway. I will be in again next month. Proraso white soap for me.
Sounds good. Do you use the entire white line? I get some of the best shaves when I use the white Pre, Soap and Aftershave. Man that stuff is good.

Sounds good. Do you use the entire white line? I get some of the best shaves when I use the white Pre, Soap and Aftershave. Man that stuff is good.

I do use the white pre shave cream as both a pre and post shave. I enjoy it and use it on a regular basis.

Here is where we stand.

Rattbones........................Top Secret
Bushhippi.........................DRH Arlington
narcoden.........................Arko
bluesman7.......................VDH Deluxe
RunFoxRun.......................PPF Briar
Luecke2326......................Arko
PGHChris..........................DRH Arlington
countrydirt.......................Stirling Barbershop
Coler...............................Mikes Barbershop
OccumsBadger..................Pannacrema S.F./ Namaste
jeff91605.........................R.R. XXXt
bjtiger75..........................Proraso White

If I missed anyone speak up.

Bluesman! Thanks!
Ok guys I made some modifications to the original post. Check then out. This is gonna be fun.

Huh, what are you guys doing, 3017ing a soap/cream within a month? and the reason would be?
It's not a true 3017, just for an entire month. For some it's tough to get a tub cleaned out. I for one uses a different soap daily. This is a simple challenge amongst men who love soaps.

Last edited:
It's not a true 3017, just for an entire month. For some it's tough to get a tub cleaned out. I for one uses a different soap daily. This is a simple challenge amongst men who love soaps.

A "3017 challange club" that is not a true 3017. :confused1:confused1:confused1

Ok I worded it wrong. A 3017 is running through the entire can/tub/mug of soap. Down to the last suds. Some of us may do that during a month of this challenge. I for one probably wont finish an entire can of soap given that my soap of choice for the month is pretty much a new can of Briar from PPF. So yes, Thank you very much for pointing that out. Depending on the supply available for each shaver a 3017 may or may not be possible.

Perhaps 'Monthly Soap Challenge Club' would be a more appropriate name. Soap of the month club', I don't know, it really doesn't matter. It could be renamed every month. I know the soap I'm using is being 3017ed and will not make it through the second month.

Perhaps 'Monthly Soap Challenge Club' would be a more appropriate name. Soap of the month club', I don't know, it really doesn't matter. It could be renamed every month. I know the soap I'm using is being 3017ed and will not make it through the second month.

I think we can keep it. Inevitably all participants will truly 3017 their soap during the challenge. Just took a peak at my soap of the month. I think I may finish it this month.

Top Bottom