What's new

Skklog's Shaving Thread!

Yeah, skklog, that lather is indeed too wet -- you'll get there in no time, though, If the cold is less than pleasing to you now, wait until a nice hot day next summer -- it's heavenly then!

Well if you ask me, it's never too cool for menthol. :cool:

I wonder if I get my soaps too wet a lot, I've tried some that everyone says is great, and I don't think their all that good.

Probably too wet and not enough soap. I was the same way too when I first started, although looking back I'm not sure why. I mean you get into this mind-set that you don't want to use a lot because it would waste the the soap, but soaps tend to last a long time regardless.

When it comes to lather, you want something that looks a lot like a good merengue (or however you spell it).

meringue

proxy.php

Ok, today I used my blue tip.

It was very good, probably one of the best shaves I've had, now it should be noted that I think I did a better job with my lather. or it may have been on the dry side.

here's a question, which is worse, to wet or to dry?

and how can you tell if it's to dry?

My experience is that most soaps or creams just won't lather up if they are too dry. I like my lathers a little more dry, though, I think.

I'm glad the blue tip shave went well for you, though.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Ok, today I used my blue tip.

It was very good, probably one of the best shaves I've had, now it should be noted that I think I did a better job with my lather. or it may have been on the dry side.

here's a question, which is worse, to wet or to dry?

and how can you tell if it's to dry?

If it's too wet, it's very thin.
If it's too dry it is gooey and doesn't slide very easily.
It's easier to fix too dry by wetting your brush and adding some water to your face than it is to try to fix too wet by adding product.

Top Bottom