What's new

Skklog's Shaving Thread!

No, he was in my house and rifling through my stash when I woke up yesterday. :scared:

I have more of those to unload than Gillettes, but he doesn't want any SE's....yet. :sneaky2:

I was the same way for the longest time thinking OH... who'd want to shave with that thing and eek... I'm gonna kill myself. Now, I still get a better shave with a DE, but GEMs will always have a place in my rotation. (ie: I was so wrong about them).

The soap

C.O Bigelow

proxy.php

My lather

proxy.php

Ever though O think I had it to wet, it did a good job.

it took awhile to build the lather, which is probably why I got it to wet.

My only complaint, is that it leaves a very cold feeling when your done, some may like that, but for me it was just a bit to much.

Over than that I like it a lot!!

Still have not tried my blue tip yet!

Check out the new Mug ( with my blue tip )

proxy.php

I'm building a PIF for a friend. ( the blue tip is mine, just wanted to show it off )

Yeah, skklog, that lather is indeed too wet -- you'll get there in no time, though, If the cold is less than pleasing to you now, wait until a nice hot day next summer -- it's heavenly then!

Yeah, skklog, that lather is indeed too wet -- you'll get there in no time, though, If the cold is less than pleasing to you now, wait until a nice hot day next summer -- it's heavenly then!

I wonder if I get my soaps too wet a lot, I've tried some that everyone says is great, and I don't think their all that good.

how could you tell it was too wet by looking ( so I will know myself )

I wonder if I get my soaps too wet a lot, I've tried some that everyone says is great, and I don't think their all that good.

how could you tell it was too wet by looking ( so I will know myself )

Good question. I'd say it's a combination of things. The shine of the lather is one indication, but the biggest, I'd say, is that the lather appears "heavy," which is to say that the peaks appear to be flowing downward toward/into the brush. The bottom of the brush looks very wet, as well -- another sign. You're definitely close. Just be a bit more patient in adding just a few drops of water at a time. You appear to be using enough cream, so that's a plus, too.

Top Bottom