What's new

Skklog's Shaving Thread!

I'm going to be thinning the herd drastically. I snagged some that I thought would be good shavers but they're not for me. I also kind of went overboard with my Single Edge Acquisition Disorder. I'm just having a hard time deciding exactly which ones to set loose on the B/S/T.

I have the same problem. :rolleyes:

I thinking of getting one of these what do you think

Do you think I could do better, or would it be the best for the money?

I gave you my opinion earlier at your house, but I will state it publicly to see if others agree or have suggestions.

I know very little about brushes and am just starting to dabble in SBAD by buying my second brush a couple of weeks ago. However, I do plan on buying one of these. I think, for the money, you won't buy a better brush. I am not sure how much better of a brush you could buy period.

Very well said, Blake. This should be a luxuriously soft, ultra-dense, high quality brush. I have last year's version (this year = more dense + sexy handle, so better still). It really excels with soaps and face-lathering for me (it's fine for creams, too, though I tend to use my 23mm shavemac in finest for those). I really don't think you can do better for the money. Plus, the "limited edition" factor is nice, too.

I don't know, I was looking at the wikki

OK

I thinking of getting one of these what do you think

Do you think I could do better, or would it be the best for the money?

Meh, I'm happy with my 2 el cheapo boars. I have no desire to increase and expand into exotic brushes at this point. I too bust trying to work my way through blades and AS...and if I can convince SWMBO, more soaps.

OK, update time.

Thanks to a gentlemen, who we will call M. Scruffy...... wait that's too obvious.

So we will call him MR. S......yeah that's good.

I have a new razor!!! :001_wub:

which I used today, it is a 1956 Red Tip Gillette Super Speed

to be honest, the only big difference I saw was the sound.

I did notice a little difference, but not much.

the way I compared them " I shave one side of my face, with the red tip, and the over with the 1958 super speed.

I love them both.

again, thank you M. Scruffy.......or was it MR. S..........I don't know. but thanks

Ah, yes I forgot.

I have a new shop to try

Musgo Real, cream can't wait. ( I had to wait today, so I could try new razor)

and I looked at C.O. Bigelow at a local Bath and Body Works, I did not buy any yet.

you said it was a tub, but all I could find was in a tube

I want to look for some ToBS avocado. (Don't where to find it, over than online)

One thing I have learned, you can't judge a razor from your first shave. I highly recommend using it exclusively for at least 2 to 4 weeks. This gives you plenty of time to learn the nuances of that razor. The exception, of course, is if you are getting tore up. I have gave up on razor after three uses or so for this reason.

Around here, there isn't any place to buy these type of things. Hoosiers are pretty much stuck doing business online.

Nice razor! I hope you'll enjoy Musgo, and you're correct, Bigelow comes in a tube, not tub. +1 to Blake's advice on giving the new razor a bit more time. The difference won't be huge, though -- just a bit heavier, really.

Nice score, man. The red tip is on my list of razors to buy soon. And yeah, the only place I've found to buy TOBS is online. Then again, I live in a remote part of eastern Montana. :glare:

well I just added to my razor collection.

this blue tip I just got for $16

proxy.php

and these I built off someone you may know as Blake.

proxy.php

The bonus for me was, it got me around to getting my extras together to sell. I already put the fist ones up on B/S/T. :thumbup1:

I have a new razor!!! :001_wub:

which I used today, it is a 1956 Red Tip Gillette Super Speed

to be honest, the only big difference I saw was the sound.

You saw the sound... I wonder... what have you been smoking? :001_huh:

Ah, yes I forgot.

I have a new shop to try

Musgo Real, cream can't wait. ( I had to wait today, so I could try new razor)

and I looked at C.O. Bigelow at a local Bath and Body Works, I did not buy any yet.

you said it was a tub, but all I could find was in a tube

I want to look for some ToBS avocado. (Don't where to find it, over than online)

Ok. C.O. Bigelow aka Prorasso comes in tubE but TOBS always comes in tubs. Easy, no?

The bonus for me was, it got me around to getting my extras together to sell. I already put the fist ones up on B/S/T. :thumbup1:

Did you mail it to him? :tongue_sm

Top Bottom