What's new

Skklog's Shaving Thread!

the over day I when for a bbs shave, and I got it, but I had to make about 7+ pasts to get it.

my skin was a bit sore.

Yikes! Seven passes will do that. I will be honest, I have never had a BBS and have given up the possibility. Although, this evening I got as close as I have ever come. I have been to this point maybe three times before. It is like the sound barrier. I will likely never break it, but others have and will.

the over day I when for a bbs shave, and I got it, but I had to make about 7+ pasts to get it.

my skin was a bit sore.
WOW try some Nivea balm/aftershave it REALLY works.

Yikes! Seven passes will do that. I will be honest, I have never had a BBS and have given up the possibility. Although, this evening I got as close as I have ever come. I have been to this point maybe three times before. It is like the sound barrier. I will likely never break it, but others have and will.

I think it IS possible for you too...what prep do you use and what variations have you tried? blade...oil/preshave? (shave secret?) I am not a 'pro shaver..but these things help me.

I think it IS possible for you too...what prep do you use and what variations have you tried? blade...oil/preshave? (shave secret?) I am not a 'pro shaver..but these things help me.

My typical routine is to use conditioner on my beard while in the shower. I keep my face wet and go straight to lathering up. I leave the lather on for a minute or so, re-lather , and shave.

Blades, I have recently switched to Blue Birds. I also use Red IP's and have used feathers in some razors.

I have tried a hot towel but did not see a lot of improvement. I tried pre-shave oil, but all that seemed to do was make a mess of my razor. I have tried different things, but I never see any improvement.

My typical routine is to use conditioner on my beard while in the shower. I keep my face wet and go straight to lathering up. I leave the lather on for a minute or so, re-lather , and shave.

Blades, I have recently switched to Blue Birds. I also use Red IP's and have used feathers in some razors.

I have tried a hot towel but did not see a lot of improvement. I tried pre-shave oil, but all that seemed to do was make a mess of my razor. I have tried different things, but I never see any improvement.
as always ymmv but Walmart sells 'shave secret' http://www.shavesecret.com/
and it seems to do a good job for me AND doesn't gum up the works. It is ummm bracing I will say that so if you don't like the menthol tye stuff stay away from it. Ever try Gillette yellows?

That or some AV. Good stuff! :thumbup:

as always ymmv but Walmart sells 'shave secret' http://www.shavesecret.com/
and it seems to do a good job for me AND doesn't gum up the works. It is ummm bracing I will say that so if you don't like the menthol tye stuff stay away from it. Ever try Gillette yellows?

Tried it and didn't like it. I ended up PIFing it to some poor soul awhille back.

And, OK I'm done shaving, what should I do or use next? things to do/ products to try.

Try any of the Bigelow Elixir ASB's at Bath and Body Works. Proraso ASB is also good at calming an irritated face.

And if you want to impress one of the mods, try the Gentlemen's Best Signature Series ASM. Good stuff!! (really, it is very soothing)

Ok which razor should I use next?

I get consistent BBS shaves with my 1946 Aristocrat and Derby Extras. I'm just sayin', that's all... :wink2:

Ok I got some shave secret to day, now just to make sure, I use it as preshave right?

"warm up my face, put on the shave secret, when lather up, when shave right?

just want to make sure before I do it.

Top Bottom