What's new

Skklog's Shaving Thread!

Ok, today I used my blue tip.

It was very good, probably one of the best shaves I've had, now it should be noted that I think I did a better job with my lather. or it may have been on the dry side.

here's a question, which is worse, to wet or to dry?

and how can you tell if it's to dry?

Sounds like progress to me! Too dry and too wet are both equally bad, I'd say. Phil's right, though, one's much easier to fix than the other. Just keep at it -- you'll find the sweet spot soon. Glad you liked the blue tip!

It was very good, probably one of the best shaves I've had, now it should be noted that I think I did a better job with my lather. or it may have been on the dry side.

Too Wet, or Too Dry?

That is the question.

Whether tis nobler to suffer the stings and arrows of Clubman Pinaud Virgin Isles Bay Rum, tempest tossed on the nicks and fresh cuts of shaved skin, or to wuss out completely with after shave balm.

For if too wet, the lather glops and gloops and yields no protection, and if too dry, cloggeth thine shaving implement causing tugging and pulling and all sorts of unpleasantness.

Too Wet, or Too Dry?

That is the question.

Whether tis nobler to suffer the stings and arrows of Clubman Pinaud Virgin Isles Bay Rum, tempest tossed on the nicks and fresh cuts of shaved skin, or to wuss out completely with after shave balm.

For if too wet, the lather glops and gloops and yields no protection, and if too dry, cloggeth thine shaving implement causing tugging and pulling and all sorts of unpleasantness.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'm glad you like the Blue Tip. It is a nice, but highly underrated razor.

Why would you not want to? :w00t:

proxy.php

Well.... I think that would feel pretty good on my face.

Both "too dry" and "too wet" are equally undesirable in their own special way.

If your lather flakes off your face as the razor passes over, it's too dry.

Let me know how the red tip treats you.

OK, I know I could do a lot of research, but I could just ask you, yeah that sounds good.

Here is my preshave steps

#1 In the shower I put conditioner on my face

#2 get out of shower, don't dry face

# 3 keep putting hot water on my face for about 20- 40 secs

and then I shave

any more I can do?

any products to try?

anything?

just a note, I have very thick hair

OK, I know I could do a lot of research, but I could just ask you, yeah that sounds good.

Here is my preshave steps

#1 In the shower I put conditioner on my face

#2 get out of shower, don't dry face

# 3 keep putting hot water on my face for about 20- 40 secs

This is where you are supposed to apply lather.

and then I shave

any more I can do?

any products to try?

anything?

just a note, I have very thick hair

Top Bottom