What's new

Bought My First Set Of Shave Gear

Hello everyone. I was a DE user but had budget gear. $6 DE, scratchy to me boar brush. The soaps were highly scented and so were the aftershaves. I ended up going cartridge, electric, even tried those trendy all in one one blade shavers. I am back and decided to invest in quality yet bang for the buck gear. I remember I could use Arko and menthol stuff just fine. I wanted gear that would last without being a luxury item. I simply want a tool that offers a quality shave. I went to an online shave shop as it is a one stop shop. I read and researched and built my own kit. Here is what is on the way:
Edwin Jager DE89
Derby blades
Arko shave stick and puck
Simpson t3 synthetic brush
Alum block
Menthol aftershave cream
Proraso shave soap.

This should be a quality investment. I made the mistake of buying no name gear many years a go, and it turned me away from the DE shave. This time I was going to by a staple brand. This will be fun.

Shave with it for 6 months to perfect your technique. If it’s not working for you after 6 months, go another 6 months. When it all comes together don’t buy anything else and shave w that kit for life.

Don’t see the need for an alum block. Never used one in 51 years of shaving. I’m not entirely clear what your supposed to do with it.

Hello everyone. I was a DE user but had budget gear. $6 DE, scratchy to me boar brush. The soaps were highly scented and so were the aftershaves. I ended up going cartridge, electric, even tried those trendy all in one one blade shavers. I am back and decided to invest in quality yet bang for the buck gear. I remember I could use Arko and menthol stuff just fine. I wanted gear that would last without being a luxury item. I simply want a tool that offers a quality shave. I went to an online shave shop as it is a one stop shop. I read and researched and built my own kit. Here is what is on the way:
Edwin Jager DE89
Derby blades
Arko shave stick and puck
Simpson t3 synthetic brush
Alum block
Menthol aftershave cream
Proraso shave soap.

This should be a quality investment. I made the mistake of buying no name gear many years a go, and it turned me away from the DE shave. This time I was going to by a staple brand. This will be fun.

So you got what you need, it should serve you well, might want to try different Blades, or Soap, but if it works what you have don't fix what is not broken.

Top Bottom