What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

Here what I got yesterday - my first SE
proxy.php
proxy.php

Надіслано від мого Redmi Note 3, використовуючи Tapatalk
Nice one and a good start with SE razors.

I'm curious. I'm mostly familiar with Russian DE razors. Did Gem/EverReady-style razors have much popularity in the former Soviet Union? Are SE blades made in Russia or do you use American-made Gem blades?

Nice one and a good start with SE razors.

I'm curious. I'm mostly familiar with Russian DE razors. Did Gem/EverReady-style razors have much popularity in the former Soviet Union? Are SE blades made in Russia or do you use American-made Gem blades?

Never heard about any SE-razors made in my country or at least in any vicinity, only about DE and cut-throat ones. I guess when they begun to made safety razors in USSR, SE razors were pretty much exotics.

As for blades, I bought 50 uncoated stainless ones shave-grade blades from Personna, they're available here - people buy them for car scrapers.

In the USSR didn't do such a razor.

Mostly they were brought by the diplomats.

I'm trying to sharpen a steel blade.

Most likely, you edit them like razors

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Picked up a Damaskeene for 9 bucks a couple weeks back. Curved cap, "USE ONLY" stamping. Shaves very nicely.

Kindly,
Adam
proxy.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Here's a few after clean up pictures of the Lather Catcher that I found yesterday. These are beautiful razors, it's amazing how much detail they put onto these razors, especially compared to what they make today.

2017-11-05 20.33.04.jpg

2017-11-05 20.33.38.jpg
2017-11-05 20.51.41.jpg
2017-11-05 20.34.35.jpg

Shame about the cost of shipping etc from USA, but finally got hold of what seems to be a hard to find Razor:-
The Schick N1, no blade/blank looks as though may be unused.

IMG_0058.jpg

Here's a few after clean up pictures of the Lather Catcher that I found yesterday. These are beautiful razors, it's amazing how much detail they put onto these razors, especially compared to what they make today.

View attachment 835444

View attachment 835445 View attachment 835446 View attachment 835447
Those old lather catchers are so cool looking! It must be like shaving with a piece of art.

I have almost all the "modern" vintage GEM/ER types, from the Damaskeene 1912 on up (no Sun Ray set yet), but none of the older scoop type lather catchers. I'm dying to find one in the wild!

Congrats on the find! Looking forward to hear about your first shave with it!

got 2 new buddy last week , the B1 is not that rare but the prima is not seen everywhere ,sadly it as a proprietary blade that's no more available , but i've found an old thread here and i have to mess around .
schick B1:

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Those old lather catchers are so cool looking! It must be like shaving with a piece of art.

I have almost all the "modern" vintage GEM/ER types, from the Damaskeene 1912 on up (no Sun Ray set yet), but none of the older scoop type lather catchers. I'm dying to find one in the wild!

Congrats on the find! Looking forward to hear about your first shave with it!

Thanks, they are pretty cool. I didn't realize just how cool they were until I found an Ever Ready 1905 Lather Catcher about a month ago. It cleaned up nicely also.

I've shaved once with both of them now, the Star was great, I got a BBS with 2 passes and just a little irritation. The Ever Ready wasn't so good, but to be fair, I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't think about shimming the blade and it was a little loose. Maybe I'll give it another chance this weekend.

Here's a picture of the Ever Ready.

2017-09-27 17.11.28.jpg

Top Bottom