What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

I picked this one up at an antique shop yesterday. I think it is an E-2 it opens for cleaning and the guard bar has irregular striations.

DSCF4459.JPG
DSCF4460.JPG
DSCF4463.JPG

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
From ebay today.

The Grip.JPG

It needs a bit of cleaning up, but looks like a very nice example of a razor I find interesting. I believe it should take the Schick Injector 11 TWIN blade, too, which is a nice advantage.

Happy shaves,

Jim

That does look like an E2 - the spring arm rotates over to the left real easy, right? I don't understand why they locked the springs down on the later models. It makes it so easy to clean without messing up the spring. That's a beautiful swirl pattern on that Bakelite handle!

Very nice haul!

Yes it does and Thank you sir.

From ebay today.

View attachment 842853
It needs a bit of cleaning up, but looks like a very nice example of a razor I find interesting. I believe it should take the Schick Injector 11 TWIN blade, too, which is a nice advantage.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Nice find!

I found one of those once but it was beat up pretty bad so I passed on it. Maybe I'll find a nice one like yours someday, I did find a pretty nice gear shifter a couple months ago.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Nice find!

I found one of those once but it was beat up pretty bad so I passed on it. Maybe I'll find a nice one like yours someday, I did find a pretty nice gear shifter a couple months ago.

I have my eye out for the gear shifter, too. I just lucked out on the tennis racket handle. The handle seems like it was entirely conceived of as a novelty, but it feels like perhaps the best shaving handle ever. I've read that it is a great shaver with the TWIN blade.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I have my eye out for the gear shifter, too. I just lucked out on the tennis racket handle. The handle seems like it was entirely conceived of as a novelty, but it feels like perhaps the best shaving handle ever. I've read that it is a great shaver with the TWIN blade.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I know where a NOS in the package Gear Shifter is at for $75.00. It's a little much for me, I'm happy with my $3 purchase.

I've got a Stick (shifter). It's a good shaver, but the handle actually feels a bit cheap to me. I'm curious to try a Grip, though.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I've got a Stick (shifter). It's a good shaver, but the handle actually feels a bit cheap to me. I'm curious to try a Grip, though.

The Grip doesn't seem cheap to me. It really is like a little tennis racket handle. I played a lot of tennis, and my brother, who was a bit better player, played college tennis. The razor reminds me of him, so I may be biased as I look at it.

It seems to be very much like the Type O in the design, particularly of the head, but the Type O is a bit longer and a good bit heavier. I'd think the L3 is a mild shaver.

I'm also sorta looking for an adjustable M. Just if I come across a nice one at a good price.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Just won this Wilkinson seven day set on Ebay for 39 GBP

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 22
Just won this Wilkinson seven day set on Ebay for 39 GBP
i hope you use it, i have been using mine all this week. you know it is adjustable? i have been done the first pass wtg on the aggressive setting and a second pass and touchup atg on least aggressive. with the roller all the way out it is very comfortable and it does not feel like you could cut your self if you tried.

Top Bottom