What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

Thur 24 November

Recently made my first purchase on Etsy, thinking I was getting a user grade PAL Injectomatic.
Shows how photos might deceive- as I got :-
A NOS PAL Golden Injectomatic with Case/Sleeve , and not only was it unused but the handle is Grey !!.
I now have 2 unused Golden Injectomatics, and though I have other versions I wanted a black handled one to use.

631EF3F0-E77C-46B9-BA5A-CC1A409CE504.jpeg

Not very collectible, and apparently not very well regarded, but this Techmatic was cheap and I thought it would be a fun addition to my SE collection. 😉
Gillette’s attempt to one-up Schick’s Injector, and arguably the first real run at a modern cartridge system, the razor that went to space also adds a little fun for someone who was born on the day man walked on the moon. 😃
5FF3BBF8-26F1-4B6D-87D2-8978244C8630.jpeg
DE309B87-C851-4FB9-B33D-E6EE03AB8A3D.jpeg
E1378E8A-E406-4635-8348-39B8021B2479.jpeg
A51CE94E-E84B-4031-8C33-F4CDEB304792.jpeg

OK, so I guess this is what we do. Find the perfect razor, read posts and then order more. In keeping with that spirit. I started with a Supply SE, then being weak acquired a few DEs, then finding this thread, just received a M and a G1. Love love SE and injector razors. Had the best shave DFS level with my new M this morning. So now the big question and you guys are killing me, do I really need to get a Vector???? It looks so beautiful. Can’t I ever be satisfied?

Not very collectible, and apparently not very well regarded, but this Techmatic was cheap and I thought it would be a fun addition to my SE collection. 😉
Gillette’s attempt to one-up Schick’s Injector, and arguably the first real run at a modern cartridge system, the razor that went to space also adds a little fun for someone who was born on the day man walked on the moon. 😃
View attachment 1562940View attachment 1562941View attachment 1562942View attachment 1562943
The Techmatics were never highly regarded, but your Techmatic has an interesting history and makes a cool addition to your collection. I bought one in the late 1960s or early 1970s when I was young and foolish. I never could get a decent shave out of it, at least partly due my bad shaving techniques. I was so uninformed then that I couldn't get a decent shave out of a Gillette adjustable.

After putting in the winning bid on a razor I thought Id come here and announce that I've gotten hold of the original Cobra Classic AC razor.

Second time around for me as I sold my original one a little time ago and regretted it the moment it was gone. So now I've one coming back to me plus some blades from the seller. Pic's on arrival which will probably be next year now. 😀😀😀

This means I'll be moving on some stuff to cover the bill.

When I saw this Schick injector Type C for sale on the Internet, I knew I had to have it. I have maybe 6 Schick injector Type Es and Gs, but none of the grandfathers of them all, the Types A, B and C. My Type C is open comb, gold plated and in close to new condition. No visible plating loss or scratches and works great mechanically. I needed to watch a You Tube video to learn how to load it with a blade. Unlike the Types A and B, there are no springs, you use its plunger (not an injector key) to insert the blade. With no springs, hopefully fewer mechanical parts to fail. I'm still experimenting with optimal shave angles, but I got a good shave this morning.

Attachments

• Schick injector Type C 1933 - 1941.jpg
    Schick injector Type C 1933 - 1941.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
Top Bottom