What's new

GIVEAWAY! Shulton Old Spice PIF

For all of the information I’ve absorbed, and the education I’ve received, I’d like to offer a full bottle of the good stuff. This bottle doesn’t cover the value of my experience here, but it’s a small token of my appreciation.

1692405584834.jpeg

1692405854321.jpeg

On offer is a full, 4.25oz bottle of Shulton Old Spice. This is the bottle style that was available in the 80’s until the P&G takeover in the early 90’s.

I have a veritable sea of the stuff and I’d like this bottle to go to a member of our fine community.

Two quick requirements to enter this PIF:

1. You must be a member of B&B for at least 2 months.

2. No entering if you own even a drop of the Shulton juice of your own, please.

Just reply with an “I’m in” and you’re in.

I’ll let this run for 2 weeks then declare the random winner on 9/1.

Please also feel free to post any stories or interesting facts about Old Spice if you’ve got one.

If you’re one of the Old Spice hoarders out there, please feel free to post a photo of your Old Spice collections! I’d love to see ‘em!!

CONUS only

Not in. I found a bottle at an estate sale for $2. Good luck to all.
100% in!!!
Never have I ever used the real stuff.
Thanks for the chance.
For all of the information I’ve absorbed, and the education I’ve received, I’d like to offer a full bottle of the good stuff. This bottle doesn’t cover the value of my experience here, but it’s a small token of my appreciation.

View attachment 1704451
View attachment 1704455

On offer is a full, 4.25oz bottle of Shulton Old Spice. This is the bottle style that was available in the 80’s until the P&G takeover in the early 90’s.

I have a veritable sea of the stuff and I’d like this bottle to go to a member of our fine community.

Two quick requirements to enter this PIF:

1. You must be a member of B&B for at least 2 months.

2. No entering if you own even a drop of the Shulton juice of your own, please.

Just reply with an “I’m in” and you’re in.

I’ll let this run for 2 weeks then declare the random winner on 9/1.

Please also feel free to post any stories or interesting facts about Old Spice if you’ve got one.

If you’re one of the Old Spice hoarders out there, please feel free to post a photo of your Old Spice collections! I’d love to see ‘em!!

CONUS only
Not in. I bought a bottle at an estate sale for $2.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Great PIF @Breen !

Not in as I probably have about 18 bottles or so of the greatness that is vintage Shulton Old Spice in various type bottles and decanters ranging in the years of the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s. I might have one or two really old ones from the 60’s but not quite sure and I don’t want to dig deep into my stuff in storage to dig them out and look. :)

The 4 or 5 bottles I keep out in rotation right now, will probably last me the rest of my lifetime considering the 200 bottles of ‘other stuff’ I have. Shulton Old Spice is the pinnacle of aftershave greatness imo; and while there are many other great aftershaves out there in the world, many of them I also own, Shulton will always be the number #1 choice when asked the question, “what is the greatest aftershave of all time?”

In my mind, Shulton Old Spice was to aftershave what Michael Jordan was to basketball, the Wright brothers to flying and Liberace was to a piano.

I have, use and enjoy, all of the other different and numerous aftershave’s I own, which makes me just appreciate even more the absolute true greatness that is Shulton when I finally get back around to it. :)

I really love it in cooler weather. This PIF and thread of yours has encouraged me to getting back to it more then I do.

The winner of this PIF is in for a wonderful chance of getting to splash on greatness after their shave!

:)

Last edited:
I'm in!

Last time I used this stuff I was probably a freshman in high school just learning to shave. Back then Old Spice was "it" which made me feel so grown up and big. So being in a nostalgic mindset I have been revisiting all these good memories and went searching only to find out that it is no longer sold in the iconic glass bottles with a gray cap. Now it is plastic bottles with a red one. I was floored :( and said "no way". When I saw this PIF I said "no way" what are the chances for this to be only coincidence!

Thank you for a thoughtful and great PIF.

Last edited:
100% in!!!
Never have I ever used the real stuff.
Thanks for the chance.
On the list. Good luck!!
Not in. I found a bottle at an estate sale for $2. Good luck to all.

Not in. I bought a bottle at an estate sale for $2.
Congratulations! The bottles are out there!!
On the list. Good luck!!
Nice PIF. Once again I'm on the wrong side of the puddle. Respectfully not in.
Thanks, and sorry! 🙇‍♂️
I am in. If I win, I will hold this treasure in 'reserve' till I use up my current Ogallala Bay Rum.
On the list. Good luck!!
Awesome PIF! I still remember the scent from my Dad when I was a kid. I'm in.
Yeah, the scent of this stuff is like a time machine. You're on the list. Good luck!!
Awesome pif! Not in as found this in antique store last year while on a return home vacation visiting family. Good luck to all!
full
That's a steal, and I don't have the cannon! Enjoy it!
I’m in! I have never had an opportunity to try the real stuff. I remember my older cousin having bottles of it around when I was a kid. Fantastic PIF!! 🖖🏼
On the list. Good luck!!
YES I want in PLEASE.
On the list. Good luck!!
I'm in! I have never owned any of the shulton old spice, mostly because it was bought out and already reformulated by the time I started shaving.
Same for me. The real deal was long gone when my whiskers started coming in. My hoard was scrounged from antique shops, estate sales, and thrift stores. The bottles are out there! You're on the list. Good luck!!
I'm in, thanks for the chance to try it.
On the list. Good luck!!
Great PIF @Breen !

Not in as I probably have about 18 bottles or so of the greatness that is vintage Shulton Old Spice in various type bottles and decanters ranging in the years of the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s. I might have one or two really old ones from the 60’s but not quite sure and I don’t want to dig deep into my stuff in storage to dig them out and look. :)

The 4 or 5 bottles I keep out in rotation right now, will probably last me the rest of my lifetime considering the 200 bottles of ‘other stuff’ I have. Shulton Old Spice is the pinnacle of aftershave greatness imo; and while there are many other great aftershaves out there in the world, many of them I also own, Shulton will always be the number #1 choice when asked the question, “what is the greatest aftershave of all time?”

In my mind, Shulton Old Spice was to aftershave what Michael Jordan was to basketball, the Wright brothers to flying and Liberace was to a piano.

I have, use and enjoy, all of the other different and numerous aftershave’s I own, which makes me just appreciate even more the absolute true greatness that is Shulton when I finally get back around to it. :)

I really love it in cooler weather. This PIF and thread of yours has encouraged me to getting back to it more then I do.

The winner of this PIF is in for a wonderful chance of getting to splash on greatness after their shave!

:)
That's what I'm talking about! I'm nowhere near 200 but I have a pretty large rotation, and I find myself comparing every splash to Shulton. It's definitely king of my mountain as well. Wear it often and in good health sir!
Very cool, @Breen!

I'm in for this one, thank you for the chance.
On the list. Good luck!!
I'm in!

Thanks fir the generosity and the opportunity to participate! I've never tried the original Shulton formula. I have only tried Stirling Spice, which I like.
I have a tub of Stirling Spice soap and the pre-shave oil, which I've only used as a beard oil, but it's a great scent! If you happen to have the soap, I'd recommend adding a bit of Stirling's Barbershop the next time you lather up. I find just a smidge of Barbershop pushes Stirling Spice a little closer to the Shulton scent. You're on the list. Good luck!!
I'm in!

Last time I used this stuff I was probably a freshman in high school just learning to shave. Back then Old Spice was "it" which made me feel so grown up and big. So being in a nostalgic mindset I have been revisiting all these good memories and went searching only to find out that it is no longer sold in the iconic glass bottles with a gray cap. Now it is plastic bottles with a red one. I was floored :( and said "no way". When I saw this PIF I said "no way" what are the chances for this to be only coincidence!

Thank you for a thoughtful and great PIF.
Thanks for sharing! This bottle definitely has the power to take you on a trip back to freshman year. Maybe it's meant to be. You're on the list. Good luck!!

Top Bottom