What's new

Show us your shorties

Here's mine still don't have scales on it but it will soon. Hopefully. Fredrick Reynolds next to a full sized W&B Celebrated.

proxy.php

I would love to get my hands on a shorter blade like these. I'm still relatively new to straight razor shaving and sometimes have trouble wielding my 5/8. Do any makers sell some shorter/smaller blades like this? Would anyone be willing to make one if I supplied the razor?

I would love to get my hands on a shorter blade like these. I'm still relatively new to straight razor shaving and sometimes have trouble wielding my 5/8. Do any makers sell some shorter/smaller blades like this? Would anyone be willing to make one if I supplied the razor?

Though it's not generally considered a "shorty", the basic 6/8" Dovo Bismarck/Carre/La Forme/Palisander blank (essentially the same stock blade for each, with different treatments) has a 2.5" cutting edge, which is about as short as you're going to find in a modern straight razor.

(Palisander Photo credit: Jarrod Connerty, The Superior Shave)

Hello,
Those look really nice. Some of them, you'd never guess they did not come that way. I think I'm going to have to make a few shorties. I've got a few blades I was not sure what to do with.

- Mike

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
Due to the people at photobucket being a bunch of SOB's, my pics at the start of this thread will probably disappear soon, if they haven't already. Here are the razors again, uploaded directly to the site. I encourage everybody who has used PB in the past for anything of interest to do the same.
_DSC1538small.jpg
_DSC1631smallT.jpg
_DSC1696small.jpg

Top Bottom