My elbows leak
Staff member
Designed and printed this up today. Also plans to print this posted in

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This is what I have used for the last 4 years, (1/2 pint mason jam jar) and it allows me access to my spent blades for experimenting and easy to clean out every year and the magnetic altered business card holds a razor for next use.
Blade bank storage.jpg
blade handling (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
View attachment 1288797View attachment 1288798
10 years and only 4/5 full. Hopefully recyclable in my county.
Recycling is more than whether the materials are recyclable. They are sorted by hand. A human, moving as quickly as they can, will have to empty it and deal with the container and the now loose contents separately. Many recycling services avoid items as small as razor blades or bottle caps.

Recycling is more than whether the materials are recyclable. They are sorted by hand. A human, moving as quickly as they can, will have to empty it and deal with the container and the now loose contents separately. Many recycling services avoid items as small as razor blades or bottle caps.
Agreed. I am still searching for a good option. My waste collection company is pretty vague on the subject. It seems there are places that you can ship your used blades for recycling.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Agreed. I am still searching for a good option. My waste collection company is pretty vague on the subject. It seems there are places that you can ship your used blades for recycling.
I would love to know where! Maybe I ought to ask the Google.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I Googled razor blade recycling and was directed to Terracycle/Gillette. The information on the site pertained to recycling cartridges and disposables. So I asked them if they recycled DE blades. Here is their reply:
-------
Thank you for contacting us!

We can, however the blades inside would need to be wrapped securely for the safety of our warehouse staff.

-------

I am not entirely sure what it means.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
One would think that there would be a method to expedite decomposition by rusting so that the blades would simply be a homogenous clump of iron, thus not a hazard due to sharpness.

My dad used a small tin that the cheese came in for a Chef Boyardee pizza kit. Probably from the '60s. No lid, just an open tin on the shelf in the medicine cabinet.

I dont see why you couldn't dig a hole in an inconspicuous part of the garden and plant them a foot under. They will eventually rust, corrode or rot over time. From the earth they came and to the earth they go. Better than sending them to landfill?

Top Bottom