What's new

Show us your blade banks 🪒

Sharps Container
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

I’ve kind of wondered about, when mine is full, taking it to the restroom at the local shopping center and dropping it in the sharps container there.

Mine is the Feather like TexOkie Shaver’s.

You are looking at a matching seven-day set of traditional straight razors engraved in Latin on the spines with the days of the week. The set is housed in a timber case of Philippines Mahogany, the "blade bank".

This wouldn't be your seven day set of Gold Dollar razors would it?

Can you get the blades out again, to recycle the metal and hard plastic separately?
No and to be honest there is no point. The amount of metal and hard plastic you would use over a life time trivial. You wouldn’t even fill up a single garbage bag. Besides I don’t think it’s a great idea to have the loose blades floating around a recycling plant anyways. Much better for them to be locked away nice and safe for all of eternity IMO. I’m sure you could break them open with hammer if you really wanted to but I don’t do that.

If you want to go really green you can always buy a straight razor with a wooden handle. You can use it for a few decades and sharpen it on a rock when it gets dull. When it’s finished. you can kill the edge, compost the handle and recycle the blade. It doesn’t get much greener than that. Less packaging, transport and embodied energy. DE’s aren’t exactly killing the planet either though.

It amazes me to see so many "HUGE" blade banks each time I see one of these threads pop up... This one here I filled to about 95% capacity and recently disposed of it and moved on to another I had laying around. The pics were taken way before it was ready to dispose of...
Blade bank 1.jpg
Blade bank 2.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’m not aging very gracefully at all. So a pill bottle it is. Dab of glue inside the cap and it’s tight. Lasts for around a year. Then a new one is cheap
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely LOVE the way you hang your brushes my friend!

Top Bottom