What's new

Should you be “committed” to the BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies)?

Which category do you fall under?

• Total voters
You must add the proper item to your signature.

Many of us seem to have a similar need. The solution is simple.

proxy.php

The original house is on the far right next to the tall chimney. The rest is for storage of double edged razors, single edged razors, straight razors, blades, brushes, splashes, etc.

Not pictured is the basement which extends under the entire structure and is used only for storage of seldom used shaving soaps. The architect engaged a team of industrial supply and logistic managers (mostly former naval officers with engineering degrees from the Naval Academy) to formulate and implement systems for storage and retrieval.

To the far left and out of this photograph is ongoing construction in anticipation of additional necessities such as Japanese Natural Stones.

I'm sure you're beginning to see your own simple solution.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I assume that the altar in front is used for the ritual sacrifice of cartridges, canned foam, non-shaving neck-bearded agnostics, and those who write BOSC with periods. Do you sacrifice using fire, using water, or did the logistics guys arrange for JIT delivery of lightning bolts?

@Darktrader

Guido has excelled himself again. I suspect that Big Nurse is allowing him access to OUR supply of the magic medicine.
upload_2019-1-10_16-57-23.png
But I doubt that she'd ever let it run out, so we're safe. :001_cool:

Here you go:
upload_2019-1-10_17-0-52.png

Cal,

Thank you so much. Can't wait to wear it at our next lodge mtg. I trust there is a pocket for our magic meds. I will need to reorganize the shave den. Securing more soaps tomorrow.......and then there is that ti razor that keeps emailing... and waiting for a restock on certain brushes and......

Oh man the irony.

I finally got my first de shave in 2 decades and it was great. The irony being I didn't used anything I bought recently, not a karve or game changer or Futur but this.

I have no idea what it is cept it's a Gillette made in England with a steel top n plate n an aluminium handle.

Having had some albeit, minor success in restoring my dad's old razor I've decided to take a plunge off the deep end and try to rescue this swamp thing!

Made an offer and didn't expect much but, the seller agreed lol!

s-l1600(7).jpg
s-l1600(9).jpg
s-l1600(10).jpg
s-l1600(11).jpg

I'm guessing it's a gillette new of some sort. It's weeks away before I can do anything but what is it anyway lol?

I'm planning to use a stiff toothbrush, some brasso and plenty of elbow grease.
Or I'll just shave it as it is and freak out my girl rofl!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Having had some albeit, minor success in restoring my dad's old razor I've decided to take a plunge off the deep end and try to rescue this swamp thing!

Made an offer and didn't expect much but, the seller agreed lol!

View attachment 942452 View attachment 942454 View attachment 942453 View attachment 942455

I'm guessing it's a gillette new of some sort. It's weeks away before I can do anything but what is it anyway lol?

I'm planning to use a stiff toothbrush, some brasso and plenty of elbow grease.
Or I'll just shave it as it is and freak out my girl rofl!
Very nice! It's a Gillette NEW Short Comb.:thumbsup: It's getting to be quite a find nowadays and the best NEW ever made. It has a blade rigid design unlike the Long Comb, Goodwills, and the Flat Bottoms. Imo it is the last of the best three piece razors Gillette ever made. There is a diamond hidden in that swamp thing. :001_smile

Very nice! It's a Gillette NEW Short Comb.:thumbsup: It's getting to be quite a find nowadays and the best NEW ever made. It has a blade rigid design unlike the Long Comb, Goodwills, and the Flat Bottoms. Imo it is the last of the best three piece razors Gillette ever made. There is a diamond hidden in that swamp thing. :001_smile

Thanks Raven Koeenes, now you got me interested to do some research into this thing.... a short comb you say.. Hmmm...

If u don't mind me asking what makes it so good as its looks like a fishing weight in this condition lol.

This has gotta be one of the strangest purchases I've ever made as I just thought I wanted another pet project after my minor success w my dad's old English tech and hunted for something really in need of fixing but that's still within my limited abilities.

Once I get it I'll post the before n after pictures as well as a shave review... This is more fun than a bottle of rum lol!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Thanks Raven Koeenes, now you got me interested to do some research into this thing.... a short comb you say.. Hmmm...

If u don't mind me asking what makes it so good as its looks like a fishing weight in this condition lol.

This has gotta be one of the strangest purchases I've ever made as I just thought I wanted another pet project after my minor success w my dad's old English tech and hunted for something really in need of fixing but that's still within my limited abilities.

Once I get it I'll post the before n after pictures as well as a shave review... This is more fun than a bottle of rum lol!
:thumbsup: Pay attention to rabidus on post #14 and Esox, on post #19 in this thread as to what makes the NEW SC so good. :001_smile
Gillette Short Comb (SC) admiration

Top Bottom