What's new

Should you be “committed” to the BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies)?

Which category do you fall under?

• Total voters

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

We got another one!

1091525299_4b7b681198.jpg

@REV579
Guido has completed your straitjacket blazer David. :001_cool:
upload_2019-1-5_11-16-7.png

They're really comfortable. Make sure to ask Big Nurse for some "special" medicine when you get to wear it the first time.
upload_2019-1-5_11-20-36.png
You're gonna LOVE this place. :001_wub:

I had this tidbit of news sent to me the other day. Apparently, the coyotes up north are acting up again. I guess they get bored through the winter and can be a cause of alarm for residents in smaller more isolated towns where their behavior can easily go unseen...

View attachment 940405

I've always known coyotes possessed BOSC mentality, but I guess this is news for some lol.

They have been a problem in DFW lately, actually attacking 2 women in one instance. So rabid as well. The women had to undergo the shots.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
They have been a problem in DFW lately, actually attacking 2 women in one instance. So rabid as well. The women had to undergo the shots.

Rabies shots can be expected from any animal bite here unless the animal can be proven its had it shots or its captured and tested. The shots are a precaution and they most likely arent rabid but they need to make sure.

Coyotes in pairs can be a problem. You turn to scare one and the other gets you from behind. They're very efficient and smart predators. Just yesterday I saw this video of two trying to get a Pit Bull to chase them into the woods where they would have killed it. Usually one will come and taunt a dog and get it to chase it to a pack then the pack attacks it.

Dog Escapes An Attack By TWO Angry Coyotes, Security Cam Captures Scary Moments

They arent really a problem around here but I watched one walking right up my sidewalk one night without a care in the world. Another night I counted 7 barking and yodeling behind the closed down Kelloggs plant across the street from me.

I hunted them for years with my father and his friends with hounds and seen how smart they actually are. I watched one hunting one day about 1000 yards out across a field. The hounds were about 10 minutes behind it and I was watching it through the scope of my .270. It hunched its back like a scared cat, curled its tail over its back and hopped stiff legged around in a circle about 20 feet in diameter. It did that 4 times. I think it was also spraying urine while it did it. Then it ran off full tilt in the same direction it was going. When the hounds got there, there were 6 or 8 hounds on the track, two, Cowboy and another, just ran right past it downwind with their noses in the air, but the rest all stopped and muddled around in that circle trying to sort it out. It took one about 5 minutes and when it figured it out the rest followed it. Cowboy and the other hound were older more experienced hounds and they didnt run with their noses in the tracks. I've watched Cowboy running 40 feet or more downwind of a track catching the scent of the track in the air. When Cowboy was let out it was all over. He'd run a yote until it couldnt run anymore and if they turned to fight he'd run right into it with his shoulder and knock it over then grab it by the neck and kill it. If they were cornered and wouldnt fight, he'd hold them there until the friend of my fathers that owned him went to get him.

Roger and Cowboy Feb 28th 1990.JPG Cowboy in Barn.JPG

I remember seeing this video a while back and this guy is laughing and thinks its funny. I'm not sure he understands just what that coyote is doing and how dangerous a game he's playing.

If there were two of them, and I'm surprised its not barking and yodeling for others, he would have had a serious problem.

Coyotes also killed a woman on Cape Breton Island a few years ago. As far as I know, thats the only fatal coyote attack on an adult anywhere in the world.

Taylor Mitchell - Wikipedia

Rabies shots can be expected from any animal bite here unless the animal can be proven its had it shots or its captured and tested. The shots are a precaution and they most likely arent rabid but they need to make sure.

Coyotes in pairs can be a problem. You turn to scare one and the other gets you from behind. They're very efficient and smart predators. Just yesterday I saw this video of two trying to get a Pit Bull to chase them into the woods where they would have killed it. Usually one will come and taunt a dog and get it to chase it to a pack then the pack attacks it.

Dog Escapes An Attack By TWO Angry Coyotes, Security Cam Captures Scary Moments

They arent really a problem around here but I watched one walking right up my sidewalk one night without a care in the world. Another night I counted 7 barking and yodeling behind the closed down Kelloggs plant across the street from me.

I hunted them for years with my father and his friends with hounds and seen how smart they actually are. I watched one hunting one day about 1000 yards out across a field. The hounds were about 10 minutes behind it and I was watching it through the scope of my .270. It hunched its back like a scared cat, curled its tail over its back and hopped stiff legged around in a circle about 20 feet in diameter. It did that 4 times. I think it was also spraying urine while it did it. Then it ran off full tilt in the same direction it was going. When the hounds got there, there were 6 or 8 hounds on the track, two, Cowboy and another, just ran right past it downwind with their noses in the air, but the rest all stopped and muddled around in that circle trying to sort it out. It took one about 5 minutes and when it figured it out the rest followed it. Cowboy and the other hound were older more experienced hounds and they didnt run with their noses in the tracks. I've watched Cowboy running 40 feet or more downwind of a track catching the scent of the track in the air. When Cowboy was let out it was all over. He'd run a yote until it couldnt run anymore and if they turned to fight he'd run right into it with his shoulder and knock it over then grab it by the neck and kill it. If they were cornered and wouldnt fight, he'd hold them there until the friend of my fathers that owned him went to get him.

View attachment 941253 View attachment 941252

I remember seeing this video a while back and this guy is laughing and thinks its funny. I'm not sure he understands just what that coyote is doing and how dangerous a game he's playing.

If there were two of them, and I'm surprised its not barking and yodeling for others, he would have had a serious problem.

Coyotes also killed a woman on Cape Breton Island a few years ago. As far as I know, thats the only fatal coyote attack on an adult anywhere in the world.

Taylor Mitchell - Wikipedia

It was a lone coyote attacking two women, very abnormal behavior. In a pack, any canid can be very dangerous, though human-sized aren't usually considered game by coyotes. Cities have taken a lot of the available land, so the wildlife decides to move to the city. :)

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Don't think nurse is very happy with you Mike.
She's giving you the look.

She's giving me the look? I thought she always looked like that lol.

It was a lone coyote attacking two women, very abnormal behavior. In a pack, any canid can be very dangerous, though human-sized aren't usually considered game by coyotes. Cities have taken a lot of the available land, so the wildlife decides to move to the city. :)

They just go where the pickings are the easiest. Suburban areas are grocery stores for them.

One predictable thing about a wild animal is its unpredictability lol.

wait.for.it.jpg

We have a pack or two in our area, but when they see me, or others, they tend to turn tail and run like a Whitetail during hunting season.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
We have a pack or two in our area, but when they see me, or others, they tend to turn tail and run like a Whitetail during hunting season.

A friend of mine bow hunts from a tree stand on the edge of a suburb of my city for Whitetails. He's watched packs running deer right past his stand several times. They kill a lot of deer through the year. Because we can hunt them here they're leery of people too and dont hang around to long, but they do live in the city. I live right in the core of a city of 400,000 not far from downtown and they arent an especially unusual sight. I've seen them crossing streets and walking down sidewalks around parks and people dont even seem to notice they're actually coyotes and not dogs.

I shave, everyday, SWMBO very appreciative, then she noticed that my shave den (the guest bathroom) has no more room for brushes, running out of room for soaps and surely you must have everything you need. After complementing her on her very keen observation I did mention that there is some unused space in her bathroom... (for newbies playing along a home please note this was a very bad suggestion.) Right now I am barricaded in the den with the force of "reason" outside claiming that I don't need another soap, blade, brush, razor, fragrance etc. and I wonder why Steely Dan's "don't take me alive" lyrics comes to mind. Some reasonable folks would say this is proof that I should go on a sabbatical. I say a reasonable wet shaver would suggest a bigger shave den with more storage. I petition to join the club and then will ask for asylum.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I shave, everyday, SWMBO very appreciative, then she noticed that my shave den (the guest bathroom) has no more room for brushes, running out of room for soaps and surely you must have everything you need. After complementing her on her very keen observation I did mention that there is some unused space in her bathroom... (for newbies playing along a home please note this was a very bad suggestion.) Right now I am barricaded in the den with the force of "reason" outside claiming that I don't need another soap, blade, brush, razor, fragrance etc. and I wonder why Steely Dan's "don't take me alive" lyrics comes to mind. Some reasonable folks would say this is proof that I should go on a sabbatical. I say a reasonable wet shaver would suggest a bigger shave den with more storage. I petition to join the club and then will ask for asylum.

You must add the proper item to your signature.

Many of us seem to have a similar need. The solution is simple.

proxy.php

The original house is on the far right next to the tall chimney. The rest is for storage of double edged razors, single edged razors, straight razors, blades, brushes, splashes, etc.

Not pictured is the basement which extends under the entire structure and is used only for storage of seldom used shaving soaps. The architect engaged a team of industrial supply and logistic managers (mostly former naval officers with engineering degrees from the Naval Academy) to formulate and implement systems for storage and retrieval.

To the far left and out of this photograph is ongoing construction in anticipation of additional necessities such as Japanese Natural Stones.

I'm sure you're beginning to see your own simple solution.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thank you Jim. It is indeed the beginning of a proper solution. Excellent idea to utilize navy engineers for storage and retrieval. Brings a whole new meaning to lock and load. Regarding security - now that game of thrones is over I am sure the dragons will be looking for a new opportunity.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thank you Jim. It is indeed the beginning of a proper solution. Excellent idea to utilize navy engineers for storage and retrieval. Brings a whole new meaning to lock and load. Regarding security - now that game of thrones is over I am sure the dragons will be looking for a new opportunity.

Speak with Big Nurse about your jacket. She seems to know where the tailor hides them in spite of our efforts to keep some things secret from her.

Oh, straight razors are allowed in the padded room. Don't believe rumors to the contrary.

Top Bottom