What's new

Should you be “committed” to the BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies)?

Which category do you fall under?

• Total voters
Big Nurse smuggled a letter to me, concealed in her brassiere.

It was from my lawyer.

I now officially own all the mud in Thailand.:letterk1:

When it dries out I do not, but that is not the point.

I love Big Nurse. :001_tt1:

Last edited:

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Big Nurse smuggled a letter to me, concealed in her brassiere.

It was from my lawyer.

I now officially own all the mud in Thailand.:letterk1:

When it dries out I do not, but that is not the point.

I love Big Nurse. :001_tt1:
Watch your back brother she's up to no good. You'll end up inthe rubber room bouncing off the walls

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Hydration levels, angles of holding the blade, stroke length, time between shaves, speed, shims, number of passes per shave, before-shaving preparations, temperature of the lather (there are cold water shavers amongst us), how many shaves per blade, post-shave care…

That’s the start of one soap, one razor, one blade experimentation and it rules out variables other gear might introduce.

I'm new to wet classic shaving. And I would like to belong to category number 3 and be in your fraternity. But because of the changes in my life, I can't afford it. There is a desire, but there is no opportunity, which I am very sorry about. But I think it's great that there are still people who consider themselves to be in the 3rd category, because without such people it would just be boring.
Being obsessed doesn't necessarily mean that we indulge in the purchase as well.

Perusing is a way to torture entertain ourselves at no extra cost.

Take it from a guy who has to pay $24 for a $13.50 Stirling soap, it isn't cheap being obsessed.

So, I do as other inmates recommended - experiment with the various aspects of the shaving and there are boatloads of various combinations that we can try with a very limited rotation of items.

I'm still not halfway through the blade sample pack I received.

Also, some inmates have been observed saying that Big Nurse loves them etc, well, it doesn't count if they hear that from their inner voice, ha!

Big Nurse told me to clear that up, you see - She told me that I'm her favorite!

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're talking about. To be honest, I'm not even interested in understanding it.
Ahh, spend some time here and you'll probably become well versed.

Mistake was on my part, I didn't specified that 1st half of the post was intended for you.

I too am obsessed with various shaving items, but due to international shipping and customs charges everything comes at an inflated price, and that makes me have a very limited rotation, and I use one or two soaps till it is over.

The rest of the post was result of being in the BOSC asylum and embracing it completely, no need to pay heed to it.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
In more ways than one. haha

bF0dO.jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
@Esox I have a different mentality, so I don't understand your humor.

I admit, it can be a stretch for many lol.

Being in this topic can lead to a head injury...:mad2:

Trying to wrap ones head around this can lead to a different sort of head injury which is why some of us, belong here.;

Should you be “committed” to the BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies)? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/should-you-be-committed-to-the-bosc-brotherhood-of-shaving-crazies.528278/post-9708536

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Being in this topic can lead to a head injury...:mad2:

It is very likely our personal definitions of commonly used terms and phrases are not identical in the context of “I love comfortably removing facial hair without removing too much facial skin.”

If we’re understanding each other correctly, the belief that one must have all sorts of material wealth (soaps, creams, gels, razors, blades, balms, salves, strops, scuttles, brushes, decanters, etcetera) to best express one’s obsession is running head-to-head with belief that curiosity on how to best use one’s existing shaving gear (however humble or ostentatious) is the key to expressing what’s likely a huckabucka blunted dopamine receptors.

If these are not the beliefs locked in Manichaean struggle, where is our disconnect?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It is very likely our personal definitions of commonly used terms and phrases are not identical

I was just thinking about this while using the MMOC and a blade that is too old, for three passes.

In the movie Arrival, which is basically about linguistics, the professor, played by Amy Adams, explains to a Colonel, played by Forest Whitaker, who was as ignorant as I was haha, that, as one grows up and is raised with that inherent language, the language itself shapes how we think and perceive our surroundings, environment and the world at large, linguistic relativity.

That, made me curious if anyone else might work out seemingly complex ideas when they're shaving too?

How old is it (the blade), you ask? I dont know, but under my nose and on my upper lip it was like trying to pluck quills from a porcupine after 5 days growth.

Ahhh, BOSC. It's a lifestyle haha.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I might as well drop this link here too, for anyone that might be interested.

"Known as the “Sapir-Whorf hypothesis,” this theory states that language doesn’t just give people a way to express their thoughts—it influences or even determines those thoughts. On the flip side, the evolution of a language is shaped by the culture and environment its speakers live in."

Does the Linguistic Theory at the Center of the Film ‘Arrival’ Have Any Merit? - https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/does-century-old-linguistic-hypothesis-center-film-arrival-have-any-merit-180961284/

Top Bottom