What's new

Should you be “committed” to the BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies)?

Which category do you fall under?

• Total voters

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have a sensitive skin, here is a list of razors that I have tested and that do not suit me, they are in my museum, but from time to time I test and retest but I know that they deserve the skin.

(razor list) ► razors Gillette Blue Chinese, Baili BT131, BD176, Weishi 9306E, Dorco pl602, Wilkinson Sword Classic, King C. Gilette, Qshave copy of the Merkur Futur and two that I can't remember.

I shave every two days with a generic DOC type melon head that works for me but I am looking for a daily shaver.

I do the same with the blades because I found my blade is the Lord Super Stainless, no irritation, burns and cuts. I can't resist testing the hundreds of blades I've purchased that don't work for my skin.

(list of blades) ► Astra green x90, Derby Usta x90, EuroMax Cryo Sputtered Platinum x90, Cloud x90, Shark super stainless x90, Dorco ST300 (Vietnam) x90.

I am in category 3 and more :letterk1:

If the DOC type Mellon head is, as people say it is, just like the old RR DOC, it should be a pretty good daily driver.

Big Nurse has a little book of tips for shavers. Ask her and she'll show it to you after your shot. At least that's what she told Mike and he wrote it on the wall in the seclusion room.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Actually I have memories of early attempts at 'shaving' which were unhinged on many levels.

When I was about 14, some excuse for facial hair began to appear. My late, great Mother told of the wonders of hydrogen peroxide.

She said something to the effect that it makes hairs go invisible.

There was a large brown glass bottle of hydrogen peroxide in the bathroom cupboard. So, armed with big handfuls of cotton wool, I would smear this chemical on my face. And it worked. It made the baby stubble white! Invisible, if you will.

Unfortunately, after several self-administered treatments, my lower face began to look like those World War 2 photos of early members of the Guinea Pig Club.

Welcome to the madhouse, Babou. :punk:

Big Nurse will be around shortly:
NurseRatched-MedicationTime.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Actually I have memories of early attempts at 'shaving' which were unhinged on many levels.

When I was about 14, some excuse for facial hair began to appear. My late, great Mother told of the wonders of hydrogen peroxide.

She said something to the effect that it makes hairs go invisible.

There was a large brown glass bottle of hydrogen peroxide in the bathroom cupboard. So, armed with big handfuls of cotton wool, I would smear this chemical on my face. And it worked. It made the baby stubble white! Invisible, if you will.

Unfortunately, after several self-administered treatments, my lower face began to look like those World War 2 photos of early members of the Guinea Pig Club.
:a16:

B&B Shaver Categories:
The people who come to B&B initially for help and advice.
2. Those that have passed through the initial stages, and all of a sudden… shaving has become a hobby.
3. Those for whom the hobby has become an OBSESSION. Y’know, multiple Acquisition Disorders and the desire to do all sorts of shaving experiments that your grandfather would have laughed out loud at (or maybe cried). Enabling others (to “help” them by exacerbating their existing ADs). All that weird sort of stuff.
You know who you are.:letterk1:

What?

The BOSC is a brotherhood for all the fortunates (and unfortunates) who come under category “3” above.

Why?
Many of us are quite happy to be crazy. Others are a little worried by this situation and would appreciate some support in their “off the wall” ventures. Most of us like company, so if we’re already a little crazy it’s fun to join up with others of like “mind” (y’know, that thing we’re “out of”).

Who?
All shaving crazies, as loosely defined above.
If you’d like to join this intrepid band simply post “I’m in.”
Then add BOSC to your signature (just to let everyone “know” you’re crazy :wink2:).

THANK YOU TO THE INITIAL BOSC MEMBERS who got this idea up and running, and who obviously don’t need to say they’re in:
@Raven Koenes, @Esox, @Chan Eil Whiskers, @ZigZiglar. :thumbup:

All existing and new brothers are encouraged to post their shaving thoughts, the crazier the better.

Let the madness begin. :laugh:
I wish category #3 a speedy recovery 😂

Raven Koenes

My precious!
BOSC+ is for those of us that started BOSC, the same as our avatars. @Chan Eil Whiskers @Cal @Raven Koenes, myself and one other that has been, rehabilitated, shall we say. Let us stand as a warning to you all, there is crazy here.

Yes but, which room? I've been in so many, or they keep changing the 'wallpaper'.
I have an admission to make. I only pretended to go along with starting BOSC. You see, I'm perfectly sane. I only encouraged it, so that I could help steer those other guys into a more healthy and wholesome direction. I knew all I had to do to get out was sit in the courtyard and read the Times. You know, act like the sane and rational person that I am. They'd see who I am and release me. This didn't work out too well, and after years of medication have driven me to distraction. That's my story, and this is how I ended up here.

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I have an admission to make. I only pretended to go along with starting BOSC. You see, I'm perfectly sane. I only encouraged it, so that I could help steer those other guys into a more healthy and wholesome direction. I knew all I had to do to get out was sit in the courtyard and read the Times. You know, act like the sane and rational person that I am. They'd see who I am and release me. This didn't work out too well, and after years of medication have driven me to distraction. That's my story, and this is how I ended up here.
aighht-then-mm-hmmm.gif

Top Bottom