What's new

Should you be “committed” to the BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies)?

Which category do you fall under?

• Total voters

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
its-not-denial.jpg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Seems like I might be in good company, despite not having any ADs. "Disorder" after all implies there's something wrong with it.

A current example for those who need some conceptual support to wrap their heads around that:

Devettes. I'm not sure what either one of my grandfathers used -- my paternal died when I was three and I never met him but I knew his younger son which seemed fairly predictive. My maternal used an electric when he visited us once. Once. You may get the idea that I didn't spend much time with the grands. Ditto for all the other relatives; my parents were out of that whole scene and glad to be there.

I've already been bucked off by the Razorine and the Peroni, so third time's the charm obviously. If not then I'll be unfairly tarred with that "...insanity is trying the same thing over and over and hoping for a different result" brush.

What say ye, gentlemen and ladies?

O.H.

Seems like I might be in good company, despite not having any ADs. "Disorder" after all implies there's something wrong with it.

A current example for those who need some conceptual support to wrap their heads around that:

Devettes. I'm not sure what either one of my grandfathers used -- my paternal died when I was three and I never met him but I knew his younger son which seemed fairly predictive. My maternal used an electric when he visited us once. Once. You may get the idea that I didn't spend much time with the grands. Ditto for all the other relatives; my parents were out of that whole scene and glad to be there.

I've already been bucked off by the Razorine and the Peroni, so third time's the charm obviously. If not then I'll be unfairly tarred with that "...insanity is trying the same thing over and over and hoping for a different result" brush.

What say ye, gentlemen and ladies?

O.H.
Come on in! The ice water baths are lovely!

But you should know one thing.

I Love Big Nurse. :letterk1:

Old Hippie

We have many minimalists and "experimenters" in our ranks who are shaving ADless (do read the OP [Category 3 section] s-l-o-w-l-y :wink2:).

Your call. :devil:

Oh, I did. Because I read most things slowly. I do not move my lips, however. :biggrin:

Too many years reading social theory, followed by a time reading the fumbling efforts of graduate students who wanted me to "educate" them.

I take your point and admit that "obsession" is probably my condition. I mean, I inflict my passion for slants on all of you every year so I guess I'll say...

"...I'm in."

O.H.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Oh, I did. Because I read most things slowly. I do not move my lips, however. :biggrin:

Too many years reading social theory, followed by a time reading the fumbling efforts of graduate students who wanted me to "educate" them.

I take your point and admit that "obsession" is probably my condition. I mean, I inflict my passion for slants on all of you every year so I guess I'll say...

"...I'm in."

O.H.
Brother, I'm not tryin' to pile on, but there really was only one person questioning whether you belong here or not, and he sees you every time you shave ....just sayin'....

Old Hippie

Brother, I'm not tryin' to pile on, but there really was only one person questioning whether you belong here or not, and he sees you every time you shave ....just sayin'....

You mean I also gotta check in with Santa Claus?

Heh. Think I got it sorted.

O.H.

Old Hippie

Welcome to the madhouse, Chuck. :punk:

Big Nurse will be around shortly:

Thanks! I am somewhat amused, as I have been married to a psych nurse for 25 years now. Well, psych was one of her specialties. She also spent quite a bit of time in emerg.

She is a tiny little woman who looks like she'd give you a hug and a cupcake. I have it on good authority that she once stood down a freaked-out biker three times her size with just one word.

"Catheter."

O.H.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks! I am somewhat amused, as I have been married to a psych nurse for 25 years now. Well, psych was one of her specialties. She also spent quite a bit of time in emerg.

She is a tiny little woman who looks like she'd give you a hug and a cupcake. I have it on good authority that she once stood down a freaked-out biker three times her size with just one word.

"Catheter."

O.H.
I ended my career as a psych nurse, and one of my earliest memories as a student nurse was inserting a straight cath in a biker with a broken pelvis.

I think I MAY have been more uncomfortable than he was!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
B&B Shaver Categories:
The people who come to B&B initially for help and advice.
2. Those that have passed through the initial stages, and all of a sudden… shaving has become a hobby.
3. Those for whom the hobby has become an OBSESSION. Y’know, multiple Acquisition Disorders and the desire to do all sorts of shaving experiments that your grandfather would have laughed out loud at (or maybe cried). Enabling others (to “help” them by exacerbating their existing ADs). All that weird sort of stuff.
You know who you are.:letterk1:

What?

The BOSC is a brotherhood for all the fortunates (and unfortunates) who come under category “3” above.

Why?
Many of us are quite happy to be crazy. Others are a little worried by this situation and would appreciate some support in their “off the wall” ventures. Most of us like company, so if we’re already a little crazy it’s fun to join up with others of like “mind” (y’know, that thing we’re “out of”).

Who?
All shaving crazies, as loosely defined above.
If you’d like to join this intrepid band simply post “I’m in.”
Then add BOSC to your signature (just to let everyone “know” you’re crazy :wink2:).

THANK YOU TO THE INITIAL BOSC MEMBERS who got this idea up and running, and who obviously don’t need to say they’re in:
@Raven Koenes, @Esox, @Chan Eil Whiskers, @ZigZiglar. :thumbup:

All existing and new brothers are encouraged to post their shaving thoughts, the crazier the better.

Let the madness begin. :laugh:
No, I just shave. I use one soap 90% of the time (Arko) one brush 100% of the time, two aftershaves - OS in the summer and VIBR in the winter and one of about 30 straight razors and only two passes. I’m happily boring.

NEXT WEEK DAILY SCHEDULE FOR PATIENTS 20-27/12/21

0:7:00 Wake.
0:7:15 Bed Bath. (Only for me as I am feigning psychosomatic paralysis) With Big Nurse.:001_tt1:
0:7:30 Medicine.
0:8:00 Breakfast.
0:8:30 Contrabrand Search.
0:9:00 Group Discussion. (Led by Dr. Vile. Nurse Diesel in assistance)
0:10:00 Rubber Lego Activity Time.
13:00 Dinner.
14:00 After Dinner Nap.
17:00 Physical Exercise.
17:30 Let's Chat! (Led by Dr. Vile. Big Nurse to moderate. :001_tt1:)
18:30 Supper.
19:00 Electro-Convulsive Therapy.
19:30 A Charming Film About Baby Sloths (Dining Hall)
20:30 Medicine.
21:00 Sleep Time.

I love Big Nurse.

Top Bottom