What's new

Shavers of Sharks - SoS

Quick question for The Sharknado Luminati:
How does it compare with other Lord blades like Racer and Lord Platinum or ASCO Orange? I enjoy those blades but only used one Shark blade when I was starting out years ago, and my technique was horrible but I’m sure I blamed my equipment like a buffoon.

Shark Platinums compare closely with the Lord Platinums. I like them both.

I have used the ASCO Orange in the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 and they do quite well. No nicks, No irritation, very close, very smooth and DFS+ for 3 shaves.

Last edited:
Shark Platinum in my RazoRock “German” 37 really saved the shave last night. Waiting for our corporate overlords to drop the price slightly and grabbing 100 when they do.

Thank you for getting me hooked on these, @Cafebarian
I just ordered a RazoRock German 37. I'd been looking at it for a while and with Black Friday sale prices I couldn't resist. Can't wait to throw a Shark blade in it. They usually perform very well in slants for me.

I hear you about the Platinums. I have precious few left, and prices aren't quite what I'd like at the moment

How does it compare with other Lord blades like Racer and Lord Platinum or ASCO Orange? I enjoy those blades but only used one Shark blade when I was starting out years ago, and my technique was horrible but I’m sure I blamed my equipment like a buffoon.
I had a similar experience with a Shark Stainless when I was starting out. Now they're one of my favorites.

The only other Lord brand I've tried is the Big Ben Stainless. It felt about the same as a Shark. I probably couldn't tell a difference in a blind test.

I shave almost interchangeably with Shark SS and ASCO Orange. I find the Shark SS to be a tad more cushy and flexible than the ASCO Orange. What this means, for me, is that I have to use the Shark SS one or two times before I get the same efficiency that I get with an ASCO Orange straight from the beginning; for that reason (probably), Shark SS seems to also last a bit longer.

I have also shaved with a Lord Platinum once that came with a 6 euro Lord razor I bought (Lord S 625-1), and it felt very cushy, but also a little sharper than the Shark SS.

To conclude, all these 3 blades are excellent for me, very forgiving, and I never had any serious issue with them. If I have an important appointment and I have to reach for a fresh blade, I use the ASCO Orange, but for routine shaves it would be mostly Shark SS.

I've been questing for Shark Platinums in cardboard tucks from somewhere where the shipping wouldn't cost more than the blades themselves. Just found them on Connaught Shaving. If I hadn't already gone crazy with Black Friday shopping they'd be on their way to me, along with an Omega jade brush, and probably a bunch of other stuff.:biggrin1:

I've been questing for Shark Platinums in cardboard tucks from somewhere where the shipping wouldn't cost more than the blades themselves. Just found them on Connaught Shaving. If I hadn't already gone crazy with Black Friday shopping they'd be on their way to me, along with an Omega jade brush, and probably a bunch of other stuff.:biggrin1:
It’s never too late, you can always justify it

Soap- House of Mammoth Santa Noir
Brush- Grizzly Bay 26mm Fanchurian
Razor- Baili BT131
Blade- Shark Super Stainless (1)
Aftershave- House of Mammoth Santa Noir
result- bbs
No cuts, nicks, weepers, irritation or stubble left behind.
IMG_20221219_111606.jpg

Soap - Homemade
Brush - Homemade Boar Knot
Razor - Gillette Blue
Blade - Shark Super Stainless

The brush is really not broken in yet so it is very scratchy and does not lather well yet. The soap is wonderful. The razor is good at any price point and amazing at less than $4.00. The blade has never been a disappintment but I think this one is getting dull as it pulled a little bit. Another day or two and I will trash it.

IMG_20221223_132918170_BURST000_COVER~2.jpg

Top Bottom