What's new

Shame on you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't care for the ad, but I am not done with Gillettes. It takes a lot more than that to boycott a company (some have gone so far, but not many).

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

We appreciate your insightful addition to the discussion. I am sure there are other threads about this topic. Great job man. Thank you for calling us out. You are a real internet hero
Im not done with Gillette on there website under replacement blades they now have double edges on us website. I love the barber shop fresh can in a pinch. I think most people are mad at carts which is fine but i dont blame the brand.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I abandoned them almost 30 years ago :D Since then, I've maybe spent a grand total of £15 on their DE blades, no new Gillette razors, and I probably used a couple of cans of their shaving foam in the early days. So in the last three decades, they've averaged less than £1/year from me.

Nowadays, most of my favourite blades are made by other companies, and there's nothing else that Gillette sells that I want. In fact, I think there's only one P&G product I use, and that's Fairy liquid.

I don't look to mega corporations for moral/political guidance, but if it were an issue I'd be perfectly happy with Bic, Supermax, Wilkinson, Treet, Feather...

I get great shaves from some Gillette blades and will likely continue to purchase them. Could I switch to exclusively non-Gillette blades, sure but why?

Yes the ad was a monument to political correct virtue signalling pinheadery and it put me off but not to the point I'm going to stop buying a minuscule amount of their product. Last year I used 38 Gillette branded DE blades but call it 30 since I prematurely ditched a bunch during the year so if 2019 is anything similar I'll use 30 more. Say $0.125 per blade, figure a 30% markup from the point of manufacture to getting to me is $2.63/year. I don't buy their cart razors (which is the audience the ad was targeted to, certainly not us DE shavers) and don't buy their crappy canned goo.

As for P&G as a whole, my $2.63 accounts for 0.000000004038461538% of their revenue.....I care about them as much as they care about me.

Ah, for those who applaud bullying, or support frat boy behavior, or somehow think your daughters are not the equal to your sons, or whatever, or simply don't care for the campaign dreamed up by an advertising agency, go ahead and stop buying Gillette products if that makes you feel better.

The agency created campaign is a way to reach 20 year olds who don't shave often. It is a bit risky. That is what the advertising trade press says.

Will it work? Heck, I cannot understand expensive carts, nor grasp how (or if) 20 year old males think.

LOL

Ah, for those who applaud bullying, or support frat boy behavior, or somehow think your daughters are not the equal to your sons, or whatever, or simply don't care for the campaign dreamed up by an advertising agency, go ahead and stop buying Gillette products if that makes you feel better.

The agency created campaign is a way to reach 20 year olds who don't shave often. It is a bit risky. That is what the advertising trade press says.

Will it work? Heck, I cannot understand expensive carts, nor grasp how (or if) 20 year old males think.

LOL
Not the intent of the thread, I specifically stated that I didn't want to rehash or discuss the ad. Just discuss non Gillette products.

Not the intent of the thread, I specifically stated that I didn't want to rehash or discuss the ad. Just discuss non Gillette products.

Kind of hard to ignore that, at this time. Unrealistic, actually. See other comments.

I certainly use Gillette branded made in Russia blades. Happy with em, too.

I'm not gonna use Gillette products, but they won't miss me for I haven't used Gillette products since years before they trotted out the deplorable lecture.

Kind of hard to ignore that, at this time. Unrealistic, actually. See other comments.

I certainly use Gillette branded made in Russia blades. Happy with em, too.

Pretty ironic how you had to inject your SJW dogma into a thread that specifically didn't want to discuss this, then justify it by saying others did it too. Almost as if you were displaying frat boy behavior.... I could be wrong. Maybe you need to rewatch that ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom