What's new

Shame on you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Gillette has so little to offer in the way of products that they think they have to go political. Hey, Gillette: I want products that are comfortable and reasonably priced. You know, like the products you discontinued. If we wanted to go political, political parties would be selling razors, not you.

This is an ad campaign aimed at younger males. These are fellas who don't shave often now. The idea is to appeal to this lost generation, the ones who use uber, hang out in coffee shops, and snack on kale. Or something like that.

Talk about conflating different things.
Now Gillette is the best pandering can get.

So if Les Moonves uses a Fusion then it's all good?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
This is an ad campaign aimed at younger males. These are fellas who don't shave often now. The idea is to appeal to this lost generation, the ones who use uber, hang out in coffee shops, and snack on kale. Or something like that.
Seems like it is more aimed toward fathers who have sons, and the need to start raising them to act like decent human beings

Yeah, like woman don't bully people and make unwanted sexual advances on men. P&G needs to stop listening to the PC crowd.

Purely political ad aimed at demeaning men....and another company added to my avoid list.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Fantastic way to alienate your target audience! "Hey customers, you're a set of losers"

If you don't want my money, that's fine with me.

No clue what that is either :lol:

But I’ll take your word for it.
I think like many men my sensitivity to messages like this be it a Gillette ad or a sitcom is its disingenuous on so many levels.

Masculinity can be as healthy or as toxic as femininity but that's not what they are trying to convey. Instead the narrative is that by default men are misogynist, knuckle dragging, mouth breathing dullards who revel in bro culture and we can't decide if we want to rape every woman we come across or we need her superior intellect to save us from eating dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom