What's new

Sextoblade pass around and PIF

I tried a Hair Shaper. It came with the open comb guide (with inward pointing teeth) that prevented any cutting action while the guide was in place. I removed it and went open blade without much of a problem. The things to note from the experience:
1. The Shaper is a fair bit shorter than the Sextoblade, and can make handling it a bit tricky.
2. The Shaper is a fair bit less stiff than the Sextoblade, and can make maintaining consistent pressure a bit tricky. It is also tight in the pin area, but has lots of play, making the user be very careful when closing the razor. I found it necessary to put the guide on it when closing/storing for this reason.
3. The Shaper I have has an "eject" button, so removal of blades is easy.
I would say that the Shaper would be a good option for traveling, but not daily use.

I am getting better at shaving with the Sextoblades but still find the weight is neither here nor there... :) My main motivation to try this razor was to see if this could be a good option for my barber which loves straights but not the honing :(. He has one razor like the sextoblades that uses 1/2 DE blade and feels like a real straight, his is much heavier though. I wonder if anybody has suggestions of other replaceable blade straights that feels more like a straight than a Shavette. The Sextoblades is IMO closer to the feel of a straight.

No worries about the samples..... did anybody use them?

Al raz.

I am getting better at shaving with the Sextoblades but still find the weight is neither here nor there... :) My main motivation to try this razor was to see if this could be a good option for my barber which loves straights but not the honing :(. He has one razor like the sextoblades that uses 1/2 DE blade and feels like a real straight, his is much heavier though. I wonder if anybody has suggestions of other replaceable blade straights that feels more like a straight than a Shavette. The Sextoblades is IMO closer to the feel of a straight.

No worries about the samples..... did anybody use them?

Al raz.

It is the only one I have tried... Has it been sent to Braxis?

It is cutting close for your grad then. So that you shave on for graduation if Al has not sent it to me he should send it back to you.

Well, the shave will be that much better when you get it then! Like when you know you are having something really good for dinner so you don't eat all day and it's even better.

Well, the shave will be that much better when you get it then! Like when you know you are having something really good for dinner so you don't eat all day and it's even better.

:lol:

BTW, I still have a package to send you....

I was wondering about that a day or two ago, send it over! I have been honing quite a bit lately so I have a little more practice at it, I will put a good edge on it for you.

I was wondering about that a day or two ago, send it over! I have been honing quite a bit lately so I have a little more practice at it, I will put a good edge on it for you.

It's on the list :lol: I will try to get it out in the next week or two, things are nuts around here...

Al is still putting the Sextoblade through the paces and will be keeping it for a while longer (might as well give it a good test right?) So Braxis it is up to you if you want to hold off a little longer for the box that traveled the world or if you would like the box from Otto, it makes no difference to me, your call brother.

I think that I will wait for Al. I like the idea of using a traveling razor and since you have other plans for your Graduation I will just chill and wait my turn.

Top Bottom