What's new

Sextoblade pass around and PIF

I found a Sextoblade! I got it because it was inexpensive, and because of the great things that Paul has said about his. Even though it has come in, I haven't used it yet... I got a bunch of things with that order, and have been too busy playing with one of the other things. I will have to seek out some blades for it, and give it a go. I am glad to hear that others are enjoying their Weck experiences, too!

Cool! I hope you enjoy it I think you can get them at WCS if you can't find them local. I really took my time when learning it but I thought it came kinda easy....

Oh okay. I'll try that out next time. I'm taking a day or two off to let me face heal, but then I'll give it another go.

When I started out with it I would just shave my cheeks (I had no straight exp.) then I slowly moved on and added other areas. You are right those blades are SHARP! I hope it works out for you but if not at least you tried!

Cool! I hope you enjoy it I think you can get them at WCS if you can't find them local. I really took my time when learning it but I thought it came kinda easy....

I've been perusing eBay and have seen some vintage ones on there. Do you happen to know if they take the same blades?

REMEMBER OTTO IS GOING TO PIF A SEXTOBLADE TO ONE OF THE LUCKY FOLKS TAKING PART IN THIS PASS-AROUND!! I hope I win :lol: So curb your AD men.

I wonder if it will be easier for me starting my straight journy with the Sextoblade then making the transition to traditional straights... And if it will make it harder for some of you who have already built your skills to transition to a different type of straight (dif weight, thiner blade)?

I have 113 STDs, 7 of which are only found in sharks. Luckily they are competing so much against eachother that it's such a perfect balance that I'm not sick... so you're cool.

Oh forgot to add to this... this actually is a quote (I'm going by memory so it's not the most accurate) from tv or a movie. First one to figure out without googling gets a prize.

May be tough...

Oh forgot to add to this... this actually is a quote (I'm going by memory so it's not the most accurate) from tv or a movie. First one to figure out without googling gets a prize.

May be tough...

Sure, it's umm your friend :lol:

I know that in the Simpsons when Mr Burns goes to the Mayo clinic they tell him something like this..... I feel like I heard it somewhere else too.....

Ha! I remember that one, one of my fovorites. I think maybe I may have combined part of that with what I was thinking of. I'll give a hint. It's on tv during the weekend...

I think it would have to make it easier. I thought the hardest thing about learning to use a straight was holding on to it in a way that didn't feel awkward and adjusting that position as I moved to different areas. Having used this you have already had a lot of practice with that. I think the weight and the thicker blade on a regular straight make it easier to manage than something like this, to me it seems like there is a slightly larger margin for error. That could be based on having used a straight a lot more and being accustomed to it though.

REMEMBER OTTO IS GOING TO PIF A SEXTOBLADE TO ONE OF THE LUCKY FOLKS TAKING PART IN THIS PASS-AROUND!! I hope I win :lol: So curb your AD men.

I wonder if it will be easier for me starting my straight journy with the Sextoblade then making the transition to traditional straights... And if it will make it harder for some of you who have already built your skills to transition to a different type of straight (dif weight, thiner blade)?

I think it would have to make it easier. I thought the hardest thing about learning to use a straight was holding on to it in a way that didn't feel awkward and adjusting that position as I moved to different areas. Having used this you have already had a lot of practice with that. I think the weight and the thicker blade on a regular straight make it easier to manage than something like this, to me it seems like there is a slightly larger margin for error. That could be based on having used a straight a lot more and being accustomed to it though.

No matter how hard I try I can't get the changing hands thing down. I don't even try with this hair shaper I'm using now (the handle is about an inch shorter, no finger room) I plan on trying harder when I get the razor back home.

No matter how hard I try I can't get the changing hands thing down. I don't even try with this hair shaper I'm using now (the handle is about an inch shorter, no finger room) I plan on trying harder when I get the razor back home.

It took a little practice before I didn't feel ridiculous with it and it was starting to feel more natural in my hands. I really do think a "regular" straight is easier as far as that goes. Watching people use a straight (youtube, etc) seemed to help a little too.

It took a little practice before I didn't feel ridiculous with it and it was starting to feel more natural in my hands. I really do think a "regular" straight is easier as far as that goes. Watching people use a straight (youtube, etc) seemed to help a little too.

Yeah that's a good idea. I have done it a few times but I always feel like Im going to slit my neck!

On another note:
I was talking to the old man (father in law) last night on the way home from class and he said he got his hands on some elk stag and cleaned up and rescaled a razor I picked up last spring for a few bucks! He said it is part of my graduation gift. I took it over to his house (he moved to Idaho 5ish years ago) last summer when he flew us up for a visit so we would have a little project to work on together but we kinda got drunk and just ended up lying to eachother and laughing all night. He sure is a great guy.

Still can't place your quote Brent, and it's driving me nuts!

Well I tried it again today, and I got a fantastic shave! I'm still not amazed to the point where I would go out any replace my straight with this, but given today's results, I'm still really impressed.

I also tried one of the samples you included. Castle Forbes Sandalwood I think? The label is blurred out but I think that's what it reads. Again, great product!

Today does only make a week that Gull has had it and I know he took a break with it for a few days so I bet he will get it out in the next few days.....

Sorry about the lack of updates. I should be able to get the goods out tomorrow.

Overall, I think this was a solid tool. If there is any issue, it was with my technique. The blade cuts close, and even after all this time, I still get a few weepers no mater how hard I try to avoid them. I think I'll just stick with my traditional straight for now.

Thanks to plpenn for the passaround. I would have never tried a shavette if you did not offer this for us. This was a nice experience.

No problem, I'm glad you gave it a shot! Everyone is diffrent.... I think a lot of folks would like this compaired to a DE shavette due to the thicker blade.

I have mostly been using a Gem Jr. while this razor has been globe trotting and I am really starting to like it! The first blade I used lasted forever!! But since then they don't seem to be holding up as well. Still running some tests (I think my wife mixed up some blades) but I really like it. I'm still looking forward to a pre graduation shave with the Sextoblade though.

Top Bottom