What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Yaqi katana

Attachments

• ECFC1DB8-FACB-4461-A219-59F0BDBB93D4.jpeg
    ECFC1DB8-FACB-4461-A219-59F0BDBB93D4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
🦃 Happy Thanksgiving 🦃
20201126_111935~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector OC :001_wub:
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (4)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Volcanic Ash Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Post-shave care: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Original Stetson
Fragrance: Original Stetson Cologne

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Really outstanding Thanksgiving Day shave! :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, Nov27th 2020

Razor: Gem Clog Pruf (Peerless model 17nib safety bar)- Mfg 1945, Excellent mid range, built to last and a joy to use!
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) excellent blade, very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bay rum & Sandal wood :001_wub: -excellent protection and nice Bayrum with clove and sandal wood, homerun for now.
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky knot 24mm- WoW for a new addition to my brush den, excellent lather creator, nice gentle scrubber with heavenly cloud like soft tips for painting. A new generation type of synthetic that is just wonderful for me. Very enjoyable shave.
Pre shave:Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Ogallala bay rum with Sandal wood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my Gem Clog Pruf and a coated Gem SS blade.
SE SOTD, Fri, Nov27th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

I injected a new blade for this first shave because I couldn't be sure of the one placed by the factory. This did not go smoothly but the fault could lie in the injector I used which was already in a fiddly state. The first pass was on setting 3 and it felt mild, kind of like a type L. For the remaining two passes I used setting 4, which feels like the sweet spot for me. At that setting it felt much like a type G. I give Parker high marks for this razor. This is the razor that I had been hoping Schick would come out with. If you have been considering an injector but don't like used razors this just might be what you need!

Razor: Parker Adjustable Injector
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Bay Patchouli Grapefruit
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20201126_101712.jpg

Top Bottom