What's new

Saw this article on yahoo.What have you seen in the media lately?

Very interesting. I am shaving DE for about two years now. But the reason i have just ordered a Sight Unseen Deal with a Poor Man Strop Kit from WhippedDog.com, is that even the smoothest blades change their smoothness over time. And i like very sharp blades. The two sharp blades i like i don't find real smooth, just acceptable (Feather & Personna Lab). I get the feeling some blades that's been sharpened on a giant strip, going so many miles a hour can never have a edge compared to a blade sharpened in many stages, and as many as it needs, after which it get's properly stropped. I will always keep my DE's, but i'm really curious whether straight's can give me a better shave. It's all about that shaving nirvana. The future of the DE blade might also be somewhat uncertain with developing countries embracing cartridges by huge numbers, so it can't hurt to have at least one straight, though i already know i'm beyond saving because next month i'll buy a second (NOS) razor, before i even received my package from the States.

@BSAGuy your welcome @ Menthol i dont know yet if i'll go for a real straight but I have already started to narrow down the list of shavettes i"d like to try can we say Christmas wish list.

Your welcome. Now how do we get the rest of the face hackers errrr shavers of the world to read it lol.

Top Bottom