What's new

Safety Razor Of the Week, 11/2–11/8 The Gillette Super-Speed

Alright, I must thank you again: I bought the Super Speed because of your review - and it's such a major improvement compared to my current razor that I won't use it as part of a rotation but rather exclusively. A fantastic, close yet absolutely smooth shave.

Cut to seven months later: I've used the super speed exclusively ever since I bought it based on your review, and my skin has improved drastically. It seems to be just the right razor for extremely sensitive, in my case even rosacea-damaged skin.

Thanks again for your brilliant review!

So the blue tip and flair tip have the same blade exposure, Aghh crud! Looks like i nead to get a 40s or 60s superspeed.

So, the far reaches of Google actually lead me to this seemingly dead, but informational page. To which I have a question about a recently received "Super Speed" that I am attempting to garner some information on. Through the most recent "Reindeer & Sleigh" gift exchange I received what appears to be a 1948-1950 "Gold/Tan" tipped Super Speed (NDC/notched bar), does anyone have any information on this model as I have found very little?

Not sure, I've seen mention of a "tan" tip, but very little info. The tip color doesn't appear to be due to any plating loss.

All that thread did is explain why you don't have a picture. :laugh:

So, I did enjoy the read. I'll try to upload a picture of mine this evening. It is possible that the tip "just the tip" for some reason is the only part that has de-plated for some reason. I'm just rather curious as the rest of the plating is still intact, and the entire tip is all of the same color as well. This recent gift is my first foray into the "Vintage" world, and am trying to gain as much knowledge on all the pieces I received as possible. I appreciate all the assistance.

Top Bottom