What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Talking about birthyear razors, I have just got a FatBoy G2 (@Mtnman... you're young!), thanks to the sheer generosity of a friend of mine.

It's my first and only FB.

Here you have some (rather lousy) pics.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Talking about birthyear razors, I have just got a FatBoy G2 (@Mtnman... you're young!), thanks to the sheer generosity of a friend of mine.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Very nice. Fatboys are nice looking razors. I only wish there were other razors Gillette was making in 1962 but it seems the only three I've seen for that year are slim adjustables, flare tip TTOs and very rarely Techs. I'd love a birth year Tech but have not seen many. Maybe 1 or 2 over the years.

proxy.php

I really need to secure myself a FB!! Recently picked up my first Slim and it’s arguable the best razor I own. Waiting on a couple of Superspeeds being delivered also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. Fatboys are nice looking razors. I only wish there were other razors Gillette was making in 1962 but it seems the only three I've seen for that year are slim adjustables, flare tip TTOs and very rarely Techs. I'd love a birth year Tech but have not seen many. Maybe 1 or 2 over the years.

Thanks!

As I said above, I don't particularly like SBs, but this one is a birthyear razor and I got it from a very good friend of mine, so it's really special. I liked my Slim (think I have a couple...) but I'm really an OC/SR guy. Shall try this FB though...

Same problems here about birthyear razors... Apparently there must be a 1961 Slim, but not sure if the quarter would be correct...

I do have a birthyear Tech, btw!

proxy.php

Thanks!

...but I'm really an OC/SR guy. Shall try this FB though...

Same problems here about birthyear razors... Apparently there must be a 1961 Slim, but not sure if the quarter would be correct...

I do have a birthyear Tech, btw!

proxy.php

I’m also an open comb guy. Old Type is my go to razor. Either a single ring or an Old Type head on a Ikon Bulldog handle.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Very nice! That's a great friend you have.

Like you, I love my SRs, but I also love my Fatboys, it's a classic, everyone should have at least one. I have 8 or 10 (I think), three are birth year (E1, E2, E3) and 2 are E4 birth year/quarter. Let us know what you think after you shave with it. :thumbup:

Very nice! That's a great friend you have.

Like you, I love my SRs, but I also love my Fatboys, it's a classic, everyone should have at least one. I have 8 or 10 (I think), three are birth year (E1, E2, E3) and 2 are E4 birth year/quarter. Let us know what you think after you shave with it. :thumbup:

Many thanks! It's a classic, yup...

Wait... 10?:a50:

Top Bottom