What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Would you please consider to adopt me as your long lost lovechild so I can inherit your collection?
It would make me very happy and actually save me the huge amounts of money everybody is talking about.
Thanks.

Looks beautiful in real life.

1000017443.jpg
1000017444.jpg

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
This one took a while to get to me but it finally arrived... I did not clean anything.

top - small Rubberset brush. I measured 20mm knot. I will see if I can restore that one.
IMG_2006.JPG
left to right
-Gillette Super Speed blue tip - D1
-Gillette Super Speed - Y1
-Schick Krona - From this thread - I believe it's the variant 3
-Old type made in the USA - ball end - very small hairline crack at the bottom. I rarely saw uncracked handles.
-Tuckaway - also with a hairline crack. I was dropped as all 4 corners have bent teeth. I know now that I won't play with them. I broke a Bostonian tooth once. It will shave properly anyway.

All 3 TTO seem to work properly (no missing parts, smooth mechanism), seems better than the black handle I bought recently...

The Tuckaway was the reason why I bought the lot. Here's the short story. I don't know when I bought a case Tuckaway(minimum 10 years ago, probably more). The head was wrong (New US long comb - not a flat baseplate and the handle didn't fit properly). The case is in decent shape. So, To have the proper set together, I found that Tuckaway in an eBay lot. That's it, I got nothing else.

Bohin

• Finally managed to find this French gem 👌🏼
  • Has anyone done some thorough experimenting with regard to the different sides of the base plate in order to achieve a more or less aggressive shave? Any noticeable difference?
  • Some say the construction of the head plus the fact that the blade can be pushed to the sides allowing more or less exposure ultimately will result in 12 different settings which sounds crazy!

IMG_4267.JPG
IMG_4268.jpg
IMG_4269.jpg

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
@Dyllern, do you have a picture of the other side? If it's like the Rockwell where you flip the baseplate, the side that you showed says:

De près -> from close
Côté Lame -> Blade side

Wow, that looks brand new. Nice score!
Three out of my four travel Techs look new. One still has the paper in it and a plastic disc. Travel techs seem to go for $1-5 in mint condition. I wouldn’t buy a travel Tech that wasn’t in mint condition at this point, unless I wanted it for the case.

My fourth is the ugly sister. I use that one for shaving with aftermarket handles. In theory, if I keep buying them at this same rate, I will give the ugly one away. It is a good razor, but not as good looking as the other three. They are just too common in mint condition.

Attachments

• A400C799-6A75-428F-B9EF-79CD42452E9B.jpeg
    A400C799-6A75-428F-B9EF-79CD42452E9B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 7168B3F0-A0AE-46DC-8CF9-C59F93575B89.jpeg
    7168B3F0-A0AE-46DC-8CF9-C59F93575B89.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Top Bottom