What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

I got myself a nice Fatip piccolo open comb with the nickel finish. 18 euros plus shipping. The plating is excellent and I did not find any defects or blemishes. Even if I did it wouldn't matter because the thing shaves like a dream!

I think I might have the early stages of RAD but I need to cut myself some slack. Before finding this forum, my last razor purchase was in 2007, so I deserve it! :biggrin1:

My most recent acquisition is a Rockwell 6C in gunmetal. I’ve had some great shaves with it with a number of different blades. It really has a utility feel, like it can do so many things well. I added a nylon washer to the screw post for a more secure feeling.

Got in this 1953 Gillette gold Ball End Tech today from eBay. Condition is probably a 9.5/10. No gold loss and a small scuff on the head that’s barely noticeable. For $21 plus shipping, it was easily the best one available for purchase. Can’t wait to shave with it tomorrow!

2C066383-525C-4AC5-BC92-1C7EA4D0CB4D.jpegECF82D84-5966-4974-9414-F729A2963B7F.jpeg68C7C361-0F23-4E91-B742-E9CDBA390B14.jpego

Got in this 1953 Gillette gold Ball End Tech today from eBay. Condition is probably a 9.5/10. No gold loss and a small scuff on the head that’s barely noticeable. For $21 plus shipping, it was easily the best one available for purchase. Can’t wait to shave with it tomorrow!

View attachment 1322889View attachment 1322890View attachment 1322891o
Post-war gold ball end Tech found at the local antique store for a very reasonable price.

View attachment 1323427View attachment 1323428
Beautiful razors. Techs are by far my favorite razors. I hope y’all enjoy them

I just got my Soviet Adjustable Leningrad Anniversary gold plated razor. Let it boil for 15 minutes, gave it a bath with dish detergent and a nice clean up with a toothbrush and toothpick.

At first the adjustment ring didn't work, but it was due to disgusting remains which have now all been cleared out.
I must say, for a razor from 1975 it looks AMAZING!
Came in what I hope is the original box, the original flyer and 5 DE razors 4 x Jyden n°10 and 1 x Shick Super Krona Comfort Edge.

Last picture is for comparison reasons, I know I should have cleaned all of them but I was too excited.
Left to right: Soviet adjustable, Rockwell T2 Adjustable, Gillette Twist 1984, Percy Nobleman DE razor.

Will shave with it tonight.

If anyone on here can translate the paperwork that would be awesome and might give me an idea of which model this is and which Gillette sister it's been copied from.

Attachments

• sovietinbox.jpg
    sovietinbox.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 44
  • sovietbox.jpg
    sovietbox.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
  • soviettto.jpg
    soviettto.jpg
    836.4 KB · Views: 41
  • sovietbottle.jpg
    sovietbottle.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 40
  • side1 001.jpg
    side1 001.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
  • side2 001.jpg
    side2 001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
  • comparison.jpg
    comparison.jpg
    765.1 KB · Views: 45
Ok, I couldn't wait until tonight. Just gave her a spin with a Gillette Platinum (if I'm not mistaken they are made in St Petersburg and thus fit this Leningrad Anniversary perfectly)and lathered up on PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum (closest thing I could think of that would possibly match).

It's lighter than my Rockwell which might be a problem for me, because this means I tend to push down on my face alot more.
I drew quite alot of blood, but then I already shaved this morning and have sensitive skin.

The cuts aside it's a nice shave but not as smooth as the Rockwell. The blade is ALOT more exposed (top cap doesn't seem to reach as far as on the Rockwell) so I will have to be more careful.

I just got my Soviet Adjustable Leningrad Anniversary gold plated razor. Let it boil for 15 minutes, gave it a bath with dish detergent and a nice clean up with a toothbrush and toothpick.

At first the adjustment ring didn't work, but it was due to disgusting remains which have now all been cleared out.
I must say, for a razor from 1975 it looks AMAZING!
Came in what I hope is the original box, the original flyer and 5 DE razors 4 x Jyden n°10 and 1 x Shick Super Krona Comfort Edge.

Last picture is for comparison reasons, I know I should have cleaned all of them but I was too excited.
Left to right: Soviet adjustable, Rockwell T2 Adjustable, Gillette Twist 1984, Percy Nobleman DE razor.

Will shave with it tonight.

If anyone on here can translate the paperwork that would be awesome and might give me an idea of which model this is and which Gillette sister it's been copied from.
Obviously it is a copy of a Gillette Slim Adjustable. Actually of an Aristocrat, since it is gold plated.
The razor model is Юбилейная - means Anniversary (razor). There is such thing in Russian when only the adjective substitutes for the whole phrase Юбилейная бритва and the word бритва "razor" is omitted.

Obviously it is a copy of a Gillette Slim Adjustable. Actually of an Aristocrat, since it is gold plated.
The razor model is Юбилейная - means Anniversary (razor). There is such thing in Russian when only the adjective substitutes for the whole phrase Юбилейная бритва and the word бритва "razor" is omitted.
How likely is it that they show up in Aristocrat boxes Ivan? I remember a couple of European auctions with pristine looking Slim Adjustable Aristocrats for very reasonable starting bids and no minimum…

Top Bottom