What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

They're a great razor. Do you want to keep it or possibly sell it in the future? Do you want to maybe die and not have tried it? These are questions I ask myself when I get something that nice. Best of luck!

At the time being I don't want to sell it. I bought it to use for shaving, but now I think I will keep it for a very special day such as the wedding day of my little daughter :)

At the time being I don't want to sell it. I bought it to use for shaving, but now I think I will keep it for a very special day such as the wedding day of my little daughter :)

You can always buy another one ( maybe a 44, the 3 piece version) in used condition and keep the NOS one intact. That's probably what I would do in your situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can always buy another one ( maybe a 44, the 3 piece version) in used condition and keep the NOS one intact. That's probably what I would do in your situation.

I was happy enough to find an English Gillette NEW which arrived yesterday. As far as I can see they both have the same head geometry. I will use it until I'm sure that this head geometry is best for me. But right now I don't intend to open the NOS #77..
IMG_20210829_144307(1).jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Last edited:
I ordered a "Gold" plated 1975 Leningrad anniversary adjustable razor from a Eastern European seller.
Didnt need it, didnt want it and could't find alot of information about Russian adjustable online but since my flare tip was sent back to the States due to extra custom tax I just had to get my hands on something vintage as well.
From what I can find the former USSR razors seem to be alot more difficult to get your hands on,especially in decent condition.
I know all you yanks believe the quality will be poor or at least worse than US/UK originals but to me something from behind the curtain has alot more mystique to it.

It's also shipping from within the EU so no additional custom tax Will be due.

Can't wait to shave like a communist 😃
Will post pictures!

Top Bottom