What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

I have these for on their way to me this week.
Gold Schick Krona
Rotbart 7000 with case
Gillette Sheraton with case
Gillette double ring

The last two will need some heavy TLC
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
WOW, nice. That Rotbart is sweet!

Gold Schick Krona
Rotbart 7000 with case
Gillette double ring

proxy.php

“...and a Double Ring”, he casually mentioned, in passing... :w00t: CONGRATS!!!!

timwcic

"Look what I found"
The stuff you come home with sometimes!!!! :w00t:

I wonder if you're time traveling and then scuffing them up a bit to make them look old! WOW you are good at finding gold! :ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1:

Right????[emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I just go to the markets to get some tomatoes. Next thing I know, dealers are showering me with tribute, “hey buddy-wanna buy a razor”. Don’t always score, but when I do, I do it good

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Gold Schick Krona
Rotbart 7000 with case
Gillette double ring

proxy.php

Double Ring——SCORE!!!!

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Thank you, now for the impossible task of finding the matching case!

Not impossible, just doesn’t happen everyday. I wild scored this about three years ago. A DR case with a misplaced aristocrat but missing the blade banks. Don’t give up, you never know

3AEEC048-B5D8-41E5-B8D3-556D76FD1818.jpeg

M

member 119848

New in my den: the Timeless bronze OC :001_wub:
I shaved with it this morning. The efficiency is as I expected. But where it surprised me is in the smoothness! From what I expected from other members, was a certain degree of roughness. Not at all!
I used to own a Timeless SS .95 that I sold when I discovered the joy of using the (2013) R41. But I missed the built-quality of Timeless. Now I have a Timeless again, but this time, the bronze suits my shaving taste best. Efficient, smooth, with enough blade feel. It will 100% become my go-to razor. For the last year I have been used to my bakelite, so I ´ll have to get use to the weight again... this new razor is built like a tank.
C9F6E8B8-1C99-4D46-A7A2-4A9D1AE9C2B4.jpeg

New in my den: the Timeless bronze OC :001_wub:
I shaved with it this morning. The efficiency is as I expected. But where it surprised me is in the smoothness! From what I expected from other members, was a certain degree of roughness. Not at all!
I used to own a Timeless SS .95 that I sold when I discovered the joy of using the (2013) R41. But I missed the built-quality of Timeless. Now I have a Timeless again, but this time, the bronze suits my shaving taste best. Efficient, smooth, with enough blade feel. It will 100% become my go-to razor. For the last year I have been used to my bakelite, so I ´ll have to get use to the weight again... this new razor is built like a tank.
View attachment 954754
Nice looking razor Fabi! Every time I use my Timeless SS I think the same thing... built like a tank!

Weber PH.

I started in the hobby in 2014. By the time I wanted a Weber, they were discontinued. I got lucky this week - right place at the right time.

Lovely shave today with Gillette Platinum blade. It reminds me in feel to my Timeless .68. However, it is less efficient.

60D7AB06-6F09-4CE7-9AF8-0E744E7D1E70.jpeg

Before:
21961250-F367-41CA-A257-A17A877AF130.jpeg

Received a WW2-era Canadian Tech in original canvas case. Looking forward to trying a Canadian Tech, which many people here have good things to say about. Also received my hybrid tech today from fellow B&Ber @Northstonehill so really excited to shave with that.

upload_2019-2-20_14-48-26.png

Top Bottom